New addition to the 'family'

Rumba Rue

Well here I am just back from Sedona and we go over to Bird Haven here in town to pick up our two birds we had boarded there while gone, Gilligan the Senegal Parrot and Poppy the blue parakeet, and surprise, we bought another bird.

I had no intention of getting another bird, believe me. As usual I always go into the 'bird room' to look for feathers that the birds have moulted out. As I passed by this one particular cage, the small parrot just went nutso when he saw me and seriously wanted out of his cage.

So I played a little bit with him, didn't even bite my fingers. So I ask the guy who was there if he could take the bird out so I could handle him. Now I was standing back and off to the side, the minute the cage door opened the bird flew (even with clipped wings) straight to me! This bird had claimed me, so in the end, the bird was bought. It's called a Mustached Parakeet and he's just the sweetest bird! Good thing I just happen to have purchased a bigger cage that I was going to put Poppy into, but the new family member has it until we can move some furniture out and get a bigger cage. I understand they do talk, so now I'll have a second one to teach pirate lingo too. :lol:

No name yet, but I'm taking suggestions.

Hey Matt, we almost cruised through Prescott for the heck of it, but it never happened.

Hot? You bet your a** it was hot!

I'll try and get some pictures of the new bird ASAP. He's just a baby still, well ok he's about 10/11 months old.

If anyone out there knows anything about these birds please PM me. I've cruised through the Internet and found some things.

the bird flew (even with clipped wings) straight to me! This bird had claimed me,

You have been Boarded! :huh:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Hey Matt, we almost cruised through Prescott for the heck of it, but it never happened.

Hot? You bet your a** it was hot!

And you were SOOOOO close! :lol:

You missed the big "Frontier Days" festival with the rodeo, then, too.

Oh well. There's always more heat NEXT summer if you wanna come back! :lol:

Drunken_Parrot_Bar_Sign.jpg

You will be flogged. And God willing, come morning, you will be flogged some more.