HBO's ROME

blackjohn

Any of you watch Rome? I'd psyched because I missed season 2, and it's coming out on dvd next month! Woooo! It's a great show. Great for it's human drama, not so much for its sticking to historical accuracy, but hey, it's tv, so I'm expecting entertainment, not history. As it goes, I believe it still hits pretty close to the history mark. And... it has one of the single most bloody scenes I have ever seen on the small screen! Yow!

<_<

Good stuff. Neat characters. Believable storyline. Two thumbs up.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I love this show. I loved the second season but for one thing. Because they decided to end it with only one more season they telescoped 10 years of history into that final season. As a conseqence the story lines are jumbled. You could where they would have had not HBO plulled the plug because of costs.

Personally I'm ticked off by that. HBO knew going in that Rome was going to be expensive. They should have kept to their original 5 year planned run instead of degrading the storyline to fit the bottom line. That being said the acting and directing were supurb and the man who plays the adult Octavian is wonderful. Cold as ice and cunning as a fox.

Just ignore the confused stoylines and you'll enjot it.

There is too little of TV you can actually watch these days...I for one wouldn't miss it. Except for Boston Legal Tuesday nights, West Wing reruns and Anthony Bourdain.

I did happily spend gluttonous time watching "The Revolution" on the 4th inbetween bbq and fireworks in the rain.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...