A discussion on early makeup

I know someone here and I think it was Cheeky who was looking into more infor for makeup...I found this site because I was looking to make my own beauty patches.

Makeup

Anyone else have information..and while on the beauty patch how did they attach it to make it stick.

Gee here I am struggling to not be anemic and look so pale and I find it's fashionable... :lol:

Edited by Black Syren

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Thank you Siren, darlin'. This is a wonderful site. Please let me know if you find any more.

As for the beauty patches I will see what I can find in my books for ya.

"Why condemn me for taking a Lover with out marriage while you do so in marriage and break sacred vows?"

Here is a site that I saw over on the FOP chat.

This explains the use of 'white' face make-up application and 'patches'

Please keep in mind that some of these applications are cosmetics in the Rococo and Empire Eras.

Keep to make-up (18th century) for recipes.

1700s How to's

And if you are up to reading German...here is one for period correct hair-dos. I am working on a pro-type myself, but it looks like I'm gonna need hair pieces!

The Fontange Hairdo

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Hey Jolliet and that would be helpful..as for the first site Cheeky I did find that one and have read some and smimmed the majority. The second site I have really been intrested in as well and always wondered how the women seemed to have so much air...Unfortunately, I would need Hair pieces as well.

So Where does one find hair pieces and hot to add add them..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Hair or hanks of hair (both real and fake) can be found at any beauty supply store. I've made 'rats' for such things and they can be braided to fit what you need.

Also, the real hair can be colored to match, so I've been told, though I haven't tried it. Check out Sally's if you have one in your area.

Cheeky

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

The main difference from the synthetic hair and the real hair pieces. Synthetic, you can not add curls to it it comes as is. You can braid it but it will not take color either.

Real hair, you can color, highlight, style any way you want. But as soon as you wash it it loses its style and you have to redo it.

(hairdresser by trade)

Sally's has color. Wella tends to be very dark. Good luck