Modifing India made guns

was able to see and handle the prototype 2 weeks ago it looks very good ...i have placed my order for some of them myself ....there will be several changes to the final pieces all for the better of the final guns ...the quality has some very good details but still a bit over polished for my taste ....but as repros go it's a good buy for the price (under $400)

I wish I would of known you were you going to be selling them. I would have liked to keep it local and all. I'm sure I'll be getting someting else in the future though. They're like Lays Potato chips, you just can't eat one... only you don't eat the flintlocks... and they're much more expensive... dear god I better stop or I'll be comparing sodium an fiber content... <_<

Pogue

Conceptual Simplicity, Structural Complexity, Achieves a Greater State of humanity.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang... I'm really happy with the linseed oil and bees wax mix.....

I melted a chunk of bees wax in a cleaned out paint tin, and then added about the same amount of linseed oil, then let it cool.... It comes out soft like butter, so it's easy to rub onto the stock..... It gives a nice low luster shine... not too shinny like just linseed oil.... I'm not sure how "strudy" it is as a finish.... but it's so dang easy to just add another coat, that I won't worry about it.....

Damn M.A.d'Dogge 4.gif

That a right fyne collection yea got ., I am very interested in that fish tail., I was thinking of getting the slowmatch version.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

• 2 weeks later...

My new Dragoon pistol arrived yesterday (go it from Callinish , I don't know if He hardens the frizzens befor he sends them out..... but both the Buss and the Dragoon spark really well.....)

Anyway.... I re-stained it with a mixture of Walnut and Ebony, so it would come out nice and dark.... Then I can start to work on the oil finish.....

aye Patrick every frizzen is hardened and each gun is test fired ...I stand behind every gun I sell (better than in front of!!!) if you need it serviced I'll take care of that as well :blink::lol::huh:

I want as many pirates as possible to have the best weapons available at an affordable price

OK.... I'm not finished with it yet.....

But this photo shows the Dragoon after the original finish was removed, and the wood re-stained darker..... It dosen't really show up in the picture, but using a mix of ebony and dark walnut stain, the grain of the wood came out nicely.....

Dragoon.jpg

It's a good sized pistol, the boards of the deck it is on are 5 1/2" wide..... so it gives you an idea of scale....

I still have to tone down some more of the too shinny metal (the brass and the lock) , and put on the final finish of bee's wax and linseed oil.....