POTC stuff at Master Replicas

BluePuppy

I'm sure you guys have seen it, but I didn't see a thread about it, so I figured I'd start one. Well, after seeing DMC, I flipped out over the crab shaped necklaces (as did a bajillion other people, so it seems) because I've been looking for something non-ordinary to attach my boyfriend's picture to =p (i'm such a loser, i know)

Master Replicas has a gorgeous replica of Tia Dalma's necklace for only $10, and I've seen much uglier ones for even higher prices, which is beyond me.

(I'm in the process of lengthening the chain, though I might change my mind. And I'd really like to find out how to make it into an actual functioning locket/music box.)

2164a12fb91ede39e4ee53bd5ecc7ad1.jpg

and then of course, there's this

104fc5d280440231607701e737652cae.jpg

if only i could afford that

anyway, just thought i'd share

they ship with DHL and last month was free shipping month, so i dunno about shipping now...

61jctci.jpg

Over on the Tell no Tales chat I think someone said that you could get smaller replicas of the Dead Man's Chest in WDW.

Tia Dalma's necklace is all over the place now, even at Claire's :)

If it had been a functioning locket I might have gotten one, but in it's unopening state it doesn't really appeal to me.

I did get a skull & crossbones cameo locket of eBay last year, which was originally with a grey backdrop. I turned that into purple with the help of some GW paint and ink :unsure:

It's a nice place to keep a picture of my bf in :)

(see you're not the only one).

is the one at claire's the master replicas one or a different one?

if it had been a functional locket, it would've been fantastic, but i'm interested in learning to make jewelry anyway, so i'd like to learn to convert it into one :)

do you have a picture of your crossbones cameo? cameos are some of my faaaaavorite things =p

61jctci.jpg

l_c2ff7d305e1d0b1eb9cb83ba3c5a1281.jpg

this is mine

in the space in the back i put a picture of my bf =p

i was thinking about making it double sided, getting another one and soldering them together, but i dunno if that would leave space to fit a movement. ifound reeeally great instructions on making a custom spool for a movement with music wire and sculpey, so i'd love to try doing that

61jctci.jpg

is the one at claire's the master replicas one or a different one?

if it had been a functional locket, it would've been fantastic, but i'm interested in learning to make jewelry anyway, so i'd like to learn to convert it into one :)

do you have a picture of your crossbones cameo? cameos are some of my faaaaavorite things =p

If you look on ebay and search on there for skull cameo you'll get some quite a few results :)

I've not managed to take a photo of mine yet I'm afraid.

The one at Claire's isn't the master replica, but it looks the same and it doesn't open either.

I don't think there are any on the market that open.

They did have PotC lockets at Claires :)

I checked for an opening one in Disneyland Paris, but they didn't have any there either :ph34r:

Aye thar be one thing fer sure Ms. Hilde and Ms. BluePuppy,

No matter what the details, the fine necklaces will certainly look lovely

on ye since ye are both such lovely lasses. :rolleyes:

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>