Canvas tarps

Rats

While looking for various different sizes of canvas tarps and tent flys, I stumbled on these folks..

http://tarps.com/canvas.htm

Anyone ever hear of them??

Anyone have one of their tarps???

The prices are actually pretty good, for some of the odd sizes!!

Cheers! :lol:

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I stumbled over them, too, looking for tarps. I wonder what they charge in shipping. Lowes has pretty good prices and a fair variety of sizes for their canvas dropclothes (of course, you'd have to treat them yourself...maybe. they are supposed to stop paint from bleeding through...) and the shipping in that case is a known quantity - $0.00.

I haven't had a chance to dash down to the local sherwin williams and check out the prices there, but I imagine they would have an even greater selection than Lowes.

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

excellent idea!

I'm in the process of reinforcing the edges and sides of the tarps. I'll probably sew the corner holes, then treat the things....

Rats

sig2.jpg

Master Rats, are you looking to construct a lean-to or fly? I am leaning toward lean-to myself, but realized that I don't have any idea how to properly rig one...

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

Hey Jack!

Actually the tarps will be big enough for either a big lean-to, a fly, or an improvised dog tent.

Probably a bit of all needs, or loaners for those who need shelter to crash.

Gotta take care of the crew!!

sig2.jpg

Hear, hear! I'm a prime candidate for all sorts of loaner gear, although I'm furiously working on new kit materials for summer events. You're building, I'm sewing...

- Capt. Joshua Slocum