Buttons! Reasonably Priced ~

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Afternoon ~

Yes, Capt Bo, I saw your post... though I admit I hoped you were joking about leaving us (not because of your button order), so I waited to reply. I am glad you are still here, and no, the order is not placed yet (lack of immediate funds).

Jack, thank you for your order, you are added. Though, I am not sure when I will have the funds to place the order ~ I may have to request payment in advance this time.

Silkie ~ sorry, no, no pewter buttons yet. However, necessity demanded I come up with the cost effective solution (for my own need) ~ so I buffed off (ok, sanded, I was being lazy, but wanted to see how it might look) the brass plate, revealing the silver zinc base metal. Not too shabby! As zinc is commonly used for galvanizing, I hope this solution with not have any disagreeable side effects to the clothes I am using them for. I will report back when I know more.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 2 weeks later...

I have added you to the list, Sjoroveren ~

'Tis hard times, mates. I am barely making ends meet at the moment, so cannot afford to front the cost, and will require payment up front to expedite this order. I will send out PMs to those who have expressed interest later, covering the details. Any additional persons who are interested ~ now is the time to speak up!

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 2 months later...

Ahoy, good mates ~

I am back online, after long delay (flooding, most recently, setting us back). I have received word as of last week that a sum of buttons are available, and I am prepared to officially take your orders at this time. Payment in form of a personal check is requested in advance for this order. This will most likely be the last order I will fulfill, as the future minimum order will be 3,000 buttons.

Persons who have expressed interest above will be receiving an e-mail to confirm, and provide contact information. Please let me know if you have any questions.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

refresh m' mind the cost of the buttons

Price is still $0.30 per button, however, I may already be sold out, depending on the response I have from those who have previously expressed interest. Shall I add your name to the waiting list, in case there are extra available?

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning, All ~

The buttons shipment arrived yesterday. I will be preparing orders over the weekend, for shipment when payment is received.

Please note: This is most likely the LAST CALL for buttons. Future order requirements have skyrocketed, and, while I am happy to provide this service to the Pub, I cannot put out that much capital. Once these buttons are gone, I do not expect to get any more in the near future.

As always, I remain

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

I sent you my payment for 150 buttons by PayPal... hopefully it's enough and you received it OK!

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

I want to get in line for 100 on the next order, whenever that may be. Soon, I hope.

Ahoy, Sjorovoren! I have attempted contact, with no luck ~ please PM me if you are still interested in the buttons.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Mary, I got several emails that were supposed t have been sent to Iron Jon ....

OH! I am sorry, I didn't know your common name ~ your and Iron Jon's family names are almost identical, and the e-mail you sent wasn't signed. Now I know...

I am waiting for payments, and won't know how many buttons I have left until after the initial orders are paid for. I thought I might have seen more checks by now, but I have only received 4 of the 10, so it may be a bit before I know. I am sorry I can't give you a more definite answer.

YHS,

Mary Diamond

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

my second check is on it's way.... shoulda been there by now ??? but... package recieved :)

thanks again, mary !!

Silas, dear, you are considered one of the 4 who have paid ~ Just a little misunderstanding on the name it should be made to... not uncommon! I haven't received the second check yet, but imagine it will be here today or Monday.

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 15 years later...

Once again I am looking to bring in another stock of buttons. Luckily, though the original manufacturer in Italy sold the button mold, my distributor was able to track it down at its new Italian factory location. 

Minimum order has shot up to 10 gross (1440 buttons) for the Dutch Gold 18mm buttons - we are more than halfway there with existing orders. Buttons are priced at $0.50 each. If you have searched/bought buttons lately you know it’s hard to find cast buttons that aren’t more than $1 each. There is a 3-4 week lead time to get them and we have to get close to the minimum order. These are not brass but they are cast metal and very sturdy, and are the same buttons as sold previously at Key West and other events.

Please reach out ASAP if interested.

IMG_1731.jpeg

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2024 at 9:32 PM, Mary Diamond said:

Once again I am looking to bring in another stock of buttons. Luckily, though the original manufacturer in Italy sold the button mold, my distributor was able to track it down at its new Italian factory location. 

Minimum order has shot up to 10 gross (1440 buttons) for the Dutch Gold 18mm buttons - we are more than halfway there with existing orders. Buttons are priced at $0.50 each. If you have searched/bought buttons lately you know it’s hard to find cast buttons that aren’t more than $1 each. There is a 3-4 week lead time to get them and we have to get close to the minimum order. These are not brass but they are cast metal and very sturdy, and are the same buttons as sold previously at Key West and other events.

Please reach out ASAP if interested.

IMG_1731.jpeg

I've already committed to 50 (I think), what's the status of this order?

• 4 weeks later...