Blackbead Desendants

Just read an article in Spring 2007 Pirates Magazine by Dave Nichols

"Why Bikers Love Pirates" and at the end of the article there is a highlight on Dave there is the quote " He comes by his piratical nature easily since he is a Distant relation to Edward Teach "AKA Blackbeard".

Is this new info? Has his real name and family line been found?

If so can someone please post this or where it can be found it would be facinating.

From what I understand, hundreds of people claim descent from Blackbeard... the guy had something like sixteen wives...

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

From what I understand, hundreds of people claim descent from Blackbeard... the guy had something like sixteen wives...

Is reputed to have had fourteen wives. Evidence is distinctly lacking.

Of course it's not just Blackbeard who gets a lot of people claiming descent from him. You wouldn't believe the number of emails I get from people who are descended from Henry Morgan! My replies usually begin "Dear xxxx, thankyou for your email. I think you should be aware that Henry Morgan did not have any offspring..."

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

My step mother is currently researching her family tree and has stumbled across a most intresting find. Jean Lafitte, though they will have to dig deeper to be sure..still is rather intresting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Oops! Oh, I'm sorry . . . I thought this thread had something to do with all of those lovely ladies that I've left in me wake! Just checkin' to see if I owed some child support . . .

Blackbead :D

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."