Hook vs Sparrow

Cast your votes mates. Who would come up the victor?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Cast your votes mates. Who would come up the victor?

• Hook
    • Sparrow

According to the Gospel of *The Great Race* it is...

*He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day. So, until another day Mr. Leslie!* :P

(Quote credited to the late Ross Martin) :P

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Although I think Hook is arse-kicking, my vote will have to definitely go with Jack Sparrow... :P

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

PUSH THE BUTTON, MAX!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!

(quote credited to Professor Fate!) :lol:

LORD I love that movie!!

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I choose the fictional pirate...he doesn't have to abide by the rules.

Actually, Hook is a cartoon and we know from the Disney documentary, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? that 'toons can't be killed by swords and safes and whatnot. So Hook would almost definitely win. (Now Hook vs. Barbossa from the first movie...it'd be a draw.)

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

They're both fictional Pyrates, mate. Perhaps you need a breather from all those POTC movies; its beginning to affect your grasp of reality...

Hook has a tendency to gloat before the final blow, so Sparrow wins as he always waits for the opportune moment.

By the way, how did Hook escape the crocodile?

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Does Sparrow get to palm the Aztec coin for this encounter?

On the other hand (wait, with Hook there is no other hand), I was going to say, it's a bit cramped to maneuver a cutlass inside a croc.

They're both fictional Pyrates, mate. Perhaps you need a breather from all those POTC movies; its beginning to affect your grasp of reality...

Well, it was sort of a wry joke. Too subtle?

I'm having a thought - If you don't choose the cartoon version of Hook, my analysis will be flawed. In this case, Sparrow will win because he is the indomitable movie hero (or, perhaps, anti-hero would be a better description) and Hook the villain and Hollywood rules are usually quite firm on this point. Of course, in the POTC movies, it has been shown that Sparrow can indeed die, but only to be retrieved from death so he can somehow be involved in the undoing of the dastardly deed doer what offed him. So Sparrow could lose, but only if he came back and triumphed (after a fashion). In which case, Sparrow would ultimately win.

Sparrow every time, unless it's the cartoon Hook.

"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."

"Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?"

"Australia."

"Yes, Australia."

"Am I not?"

I got it, just moving the joke along a bit. Hmmm...I better be carefull of a pyrate with Iocaine powder...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Oooh, now that be a hard one to choose....Captain Sparrow of course is sauve and debonair, but Captain Hook, well now, he is a true villian. And with out Hook there would be no Peter Pan or Neverland. So I would honestly have to choose Captain Hook. But then again....Mr. Depp makes a mighty fine pirate.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

And Captain Hook dosen't wear eyeliner........

What real Pyrate wears eyeliner ?

FWIW, I read somewhere that that is not supposed to be eyeliner, but blacking around the eyes which is worn because of the sun. (Which, the same source said, was actually used by pirates and sailors in that era. I can't verify that one, though.)

"Am I not?"

Sorry, Captain Hook came first, way before Jack. He's part of the reason why I had an interest in pirates as a little kid. Favorite Hook tho is Jason Isaacs from the recent Peter Pan movie. *fans self* Dear Goddess, that is one very yummy man! :unsure:

christinebarbossagy7.jpg