What other Disney rides will become movies?

I was wondering what they'd do with It's a Small World. This year, if all goes well, I am creating a haunted house room called "It's a Skull World" with all that portends. I wanted to get a friend, who was a Death Metal garage band frontsman, to do a song for me but that fell through when he moved to CA. Alas. (3 hours straight of some 3-5 minute DM ditty about skull world on repeat would probably have driven every worker in the haunt straight to the asylum anyhow.)

"The sequel to Matterhorn will be titled Anti-Matterhorn."

:lol:

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Actually, I had the first verse created, although I can only remember bits of it...

It's a world of horror, a world of fears,

Where there is no laughter, but only tears

(So we're definitely thinking alike. :lol: )

I had something in mind that alternated between actual lyrical music and that sort of DM low volume screaming thing they so love.

My thought is to make this a really cheerful looking room with bits of dayglow skull parts all over the place and these singing skull flowers that I'm playing around with. I actually made some concept sketches of the floor plan up for some of the other haunters I work with to view. The room plans are kind of hard to see, however. Still, if you're curious:

http://www.markck.com/images/Haunted%20Hou...ull%20World.htm

The green parts are walls we have to build, the white is a white picket fence with skull filials (the round white things - still working on them too) and the oddly skewed multi-walled green thing is a small room that will have two flying reapers inside. The moldings will be made of foam bones I picked up for cheap last year. The purple line is the path of the patrons through the room. They walk right through the little room with the flying reapers. (Inside, I want to have Sinatra's Come Fly With Me playing. The walls are so thick because I'm going to foam insulate them so the outside music is dampened inside the room.) The whole thing is supposed to have a sort of kitschy-garden feel to it.

The skull flowers will be around the outside. I have boxes of these battery-powered talking skull things with moving eyes that I'm going to place on bone "stems" from disassembled skeleton with cardboard flower petals with veins in them (see small concept flower link on the page I reference above.) I'm going to disconnect their speakers so the mouths move, but they don't say anything...see, the skull flowers are supposed to be singing the song... I may even tape up my full-sized skeletons and have them hanging cheerfully (like a kid would, not with a noose or anything) from trees. Still pondering that one concept.

Gee, now I'm getting excited about doing it again.

"Am I not?"

Yeah, the difference between laughter and slaughter is more of a visual pun than an auditory one. Too bad.

"It's a world of slaughter, a world of fears,

A world of fears and a world of fears,

There's so much that we're scared of,

It's time we beware,

It's a Skull World after all..." (c'mon everybody, scream with me!)

It would be funny to decorate the skulls in all the different cultural styles you can come up with. Mexican Day of the Dead would be instantly recognizable. What other cultures have distinctive skeleton art?

Either that, or do a straight up reproduction of "It's A Small World", and introduce it as the circle of Hell reserved for the worst of the worst. Push them forward into the room, turn on the lights and music, and slam the door. Voice-over: "Welcome to eternity. Make yourselves comfortable..... muahahahaha...."

We keep this up, and they're going to chase us off to HauntForum.

I'm holding out for the Mr. Toad ride movie.

I has seen a cartoon version many year ago. I think 'Wind in the Willows" has several film versions.

Not much in Disneyland that couldnae be tied to a movie :rolleyes:

PIRATES!  Because ye can't do epic shyte wi' normal people.

Say, I like the multi-cultural idea, although I wasn't planning to rip the ride off quite that much. Plus, I only have 3 full-sized skeletons...and one of them will be disassembled to create the large skull flowers. The skull filials could have hats, but since people will be able to reach them, the wouldn't last very long. People have no respect for props in haunted houses and sometimes steal them just to do so. (I've found some left in the parking lot after hours.)

I almost bought a day-of-the-dead life sized skeleton carved from wood in Mexico. My sister lives there for her company. I couldn't quite stomach the price for a delicate curio like that, however. I could never have used it in a haunted house without putting it in a protected cage of something.

"Am I not?"

I wasn't planning to rip the ride off quite that much.

But wouldn't that be the whole point of the joke ?

Just go really overboard with it.....

"cutesy" skeletons dolls from all over the World kinda thing.....

Maybe skeletons of all the icky parts of History from all over the World......

Some skeletons headhunters with some shrunken skulls.....

a guillitnie with singing skulls in the basket.....or Marrie Antonette, in a frilly dress holding her skull in her arms.... wig and all......

A skeletons with a samarri sword through it for Japan.....

But all of them anoyingly "cute".......

Kinda like what Tim Burton would have done if he designed "It's a small World".........

Plus, I only have 3 full-sized skeletons...

And if you "rip-off"/parody... the ride, you don't have to make them life (or dead) sized.... just doll sized...

The hardest part would be rigging up the mechanics to make them turn thier heads and sing.....

sound fun...... :lol:

Maybe skeletons of all the icky parts of History from all over the World......

Patrick, you're evil. But then we already knew that ... :lol:

Let's see... the Inquisition ... the Black Plague ... Patrick already mentioned the French Revolution ... the Aztecs ... what the Spaniards did to the Aztecs ("..it's a small pox after allllll...")

I don't know, though; anything after 1900 or so would be in really, really bad taste.

I can use Beetlejuice as my source material. B) (Been there, done that.)

The point wasn't originally to totally satirize the ride, it was more of a "re-imagination of the ride" in Hollywood lingo.

Still, I've never made molds before and that might be interesting. (Back when I had my HEDZ business making props, I had another company making the molds for me because I wasn't interested in doing that, I was interested in creating new ideas. You can see the HEDZ here. I actually quit making them when I got tired of focusing a lot of my creative and mental energy on that stuff. It skews your world-view in what are not necessarily good ways when you spend a lot of time trying to figure out what bizarre new thing you could do to someone's head to destroy it.)

"Am I not?"

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an idea that combines a comic remake of a film noire classic with a "re-imagineered" ride -

Walt Disney's "Throw Mamma from the Monorail." :ph34r:

Or how about a Hitchcock-esque treatment of "The Enchanted Tiki Birds"?

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?