POTC 1 and 2 available on HD Blue Ray 5/22

Which new version of POTC will you buy?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which new version of POTC will you buy?

• I plan on buying the Blue Ray version, thanks to my new sony PS3.
    • I plan on buying a HD version if it ever comes out.
    • I don't plan on buying either version.
    • I'll wait until the 3 movie set comes out a Christmas. (just guessing on the release date here.)

Here I am moderating the Pirate Pop forum and what's this I see above...A 2 movie set of POTC 1 and 2 coming out in High Definition and Blue Ray on May 22. Hmmm, I know I loved seeing the trailer in HD on my new flat screen...am I willing to buy YET AGAIN the POTC movies so I can watch it in HD on my new tv? You'll have to guess which way I answered.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

How about "going to wait for the format wars to settle down before committing a lot of money" ...?

(Anyone want to guess how many years before someone starts mass-producing a universal drive -- CD-R/RW/everything, DVD-R/+R/everything, BluRay/HD-DVD/everything -- for 50 bucks?)

No I won't buy a set since I already have the other two on DVD and currently have no intention of buying a HD television any time soon.

I'll just wait until AWE comes on on it's own DVD with the extras of course!

They have this Blu-Ray thing playing here onthe lot int he Studio Store.

Really, everything just looks *blue*. B)

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Until last week I would have said that I would NEVER buy a HD format player...but I recently went to a mates house that has a new 1080p 40" and I can see why some people might be interested in HD video now.

The DVD looks perfect enough in my opinion, but if you have a $2000 TV, you may want to get the best you can out of it.

For meself, my 34" CRT will make a Bluray or an HD DVD look just like the DVD, so I won't be getting either format anytime soon!

Also, I'd like to flog Disney a bit for putting ARCOSS on PotC2... DVD is a standardized format for a reason! B) The pirates don't care about your copy protection and get around it in no time, but us paying customers have to deal with incompatibility issues! Hopefully, they won't be making defective discs for PotC3...

Sea Captain: Yar, that be handsome pete, he dances on the pier for nickels!

Sea Captain: Arrr... you gave him a quarter, he'll be dancin all day.