One Bloody Big Dubloon!

Hester

Wait... It says it's the size o' extra large pizza, mayhaps there'll deliver!

But how much would you need to tip the driver?

as to it rolllin' even with one of those life has its ups (grunt, grunt, pant pant) and downs (bye bye, cry cry)

Somethin' be amiss wi' the numbers here. Current price per kilo in USD be $22084.00. Times a hunerd equals 2.2+ mil in gold fer a 1 mil coin.  :lol:

Yup. Face value doesn't equal the actual worth of the metal used. True of most coins -- althought the ones used as currency are generally worth less as metal than their face value.

Besides, this one's not intended as "currency" so much as an art object or curio. The mint won't be selling it at face value (alas)!

Even the lowly American penny has sometimes been 'worth' more than 1 cent, depending on fluctuating market prices for copper:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cent_(United_States_coin)

And, of course, the days when a British pound sterling actually consisted of a pound weight of silver are long gone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_sterling

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Hmmmm, helicopter, strong line and hook with heavy-duty net...... :rolleyes:

I like the new gold colored dollars....if you haven't had a chance to get some, do, they make for good buying in a 'persona' costume garb.

I had a guy give me 7 of the gold dollars at the Escondido faire. They are really nifty!