POTC 3 is edited....

Iron Bess

Now....

The BAD news is there will be less screenings during the day.

The GOOD news is.... you'll get to sit there longer in your drunken, Pirate loving haze since the film has come in at 3 hours. :(

3 full hours!

Stock up on the pop corn and limit those potty runs mates! :blink:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

::Does the Butler's dance from Aristocats.:::

3 freakin' awesome hours! Aye... stock up on Popcorn and pop my arse! I'll be too glue to the fun onscreen to even THINK about munchin' an' drinkin'!!! :(

Thanks, Bess!

~Lady B

:blink:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Yeah! At least Grindhouse has an intermission...(but don't leave to hit the head during the trailers, they rock -- go just after the trailers during the Death Proof opening credits)....

they should insert a random clip in the middle of POTC3....something like a nonstop 5 minute shot of Pintel careening the foul bottom of the Pearl. A cue for all us pirates to know it's safe to dash out without missin' anything!

:mellow:

newbannersigtar0db.gif

You may all get your wish.... (Okay, your bladders will get their wish)

They are trying to trim to 2 hours 47 min so that with the trailers added they are at the 3 hours.

Seems the theatre folks are squawking about the number of showings they can have a day/night.

(Shrug) We'll see.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

El Capitan Theater has it listed as 2 hours and 45 minutes. But still, ugh! Now real fans, like myself, won't care, but my friends are going to complain. I had to hear them complain about the 2nd one, how it was way too long and it dragged. They of course also complained about the length of the Lord of the Rings trilogy and King Kong. They are now wondering if Peter Jackson has anything to do wih these Pirates movies. :( Oh, well, these are epic movies, it's why they run so long. ;);)

christinebarbossagy7.jpg

A good movie that really entertains and engages you will make the time pass quickly. The first time I saw the POTC: Curse of the Black Pearl, I was amazed that so much time had passed so quickly.

And some short or medium-length movies drag so much that they seem four hours long.

Now if only we can get our bladders on the same wavelength as our perceptions...

RHJMap.jpg

Hey, I'm married to a truck driver. When we met, he told me he had "400 mile kidneys" and that when we take car trips he doesn't stop very often. I have now developed "300 mile kidneys", so hey, bring that 3 hr AWE on - I can handle it!! :(

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Oooo! Three hours of Swashbuckling fun for everyone! Come on people, three hours is nothing...

It’s not as long as the 1928 Chinese movie, “The Burning of the Red Lotus Temple”. It clocked out at 27 hour long….

Could you imagine 27 hours of Pyrate Mayham?! There is no down side for that!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Odrelesseye jumps and clicks his heels! :huh:

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

You may all get your wish.... (Okay, your bladders will get their wish)

They are trying to trim to 2 hours 47 min so that with the trailers added they are at the 3 hours.

Seems the theatre folks are squawking about the number of showings they can have a day/night.

(Shrug) We'll see.

I'm not surprised it's being cut down. Warner Bros. is cutting the new Harry Potter movie because they don't want it running 3 hours (despite the fact the book was over 800 pages).

To hell with the story, just make sure it doesn't run too long. :huh:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...