r/c Ships

• 4 weeks later...

I've seen the King's Randsom under sail at a few local ponds, but haven't been too impressed with their design. It's something about taking a galleon design and making it far too squat/short along the keel. Good thing the gun ports are mockups and don't open as the one that was sailing a weekend ago would have done a 'Wasa" a couple of times over! :ph34r:

And there's just something intrinsically wrong about a pyrate ship being made out of plastic...wrong, wrong--just wrong! :huh:

"Don't worry, it's not My Blood!"

It doesn't say on those plastic ones if they work on water. For all I know they have wheels on the bottoms.... :D

I know the Hamley's one works on water, I'm not sure about the Disney one though, but I'll definitely go have a look at it when I'm in the London Disney store :)

From the looks of the Disney r/c ship, it's strictly for linolium seas and wooden tides. ;)

I think you're right, I looked at it again and I spotted some wheels on that ;)

Oh well, kids have to practise somewhere I guess :)

And it's good for people that don't have water or a bathtub near them to sail them in I guess ;)

Wheels on the bottom do not necessarily indicate its sea- unworthiness: This one has wheels as well, and still it can float (though not r/c, but motor- powered):

3940.jpg

I know, but that one really looks like it'll float :)

A friend of mine has that, she thinks it's great.