No Quarter Given

*ahem*  ARRRR!

Have any of you heard/seen/recieved a recent issue of No Quarter Given? 

I hope they are still kicking, because I sent them money...

I really cant tell if their website just has'nt been updated, or if they are gone.

Thanks for any information!

They are indeed still in publication. Only delayed.

You should be hearing from them very soon and I'll send on a note to Jamaica Rose about your concerns :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

It's another year of the "Pirate". I'm sure you'll be receiving one at the end of April. They will be at Pyratecon in New Orleans next weekend. So many places to plunder, what is a pirate to do?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

As a long time subscriber I think it has slipped some. And it has become way too California/West Coast centric. But I think that Jamaica's trying to get it back on track now that she shelved her real life job and hopefully it will return to its glory days, though the new color mags are stiff competition, at least for my coin, these days.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

*ahem*  ARRRR!

Have any of you heard/seen/recieved a recent issue of No Quarter Given? 

I hope they are still kicking, because I sent them money...

I really cant tell if their website just has'nt been updated, or if they are gone.

Thanks for any information!

Aye lad - we are indeed still alive and kicking. Just got way-laid for awhile, and stuck in the doldrums.

But I've cut cable (quit the teaching job), and I've been working hard to clear the decks, so I'll be ready for battle action, and should get back on schedule right soon.

The November/December 2006 No Quarter Given issue was just mailed out a few days ago, and I have the January/February 2007 issue almost finished. Problem is, I won't have time to get it out before we go on the road for two months - starting with PyrateCon.

We have created the No Quarter Given Pyratemobile, -- portable office and home-- , in the guise of a 19 ft travel trailer, installed computer and printer, so we'll still be able to work on the issue on the road.

Lad -- email me privately, jamaica@noquartergiven.net , and tell me your other alias (the name on yer check), and I'll tell you the status of your subscription.

Glad to have you aboard with NQG, and hope you'll enjoy the adventure,

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

As a long time subscriber I think it has slipped some. And it has become way too California/West Coast centric. But I think that Jamaica's trying to get it back on track now that she shelved her real life job and hopefully it will return to its glory days, though the new color mags are stiff competition, at least for my coin, these days.

-- Hurricane

Aye Hurricane,-- I know we slipped in the past 18 months or so. I have often rushed the issue, and did what was quick and not what I preferred to do. I have many great plans (themed issues and unusual articles) for the near future. Plus, now I'll be able to spend more time in the Pyracy Pub.

I'm aware I've been too focused on West Coast events -- it's where we were going, and I have many more contributors out here where I can meet them face-to-face and apply "pirate persuasion" to get articles from them. Hurricane (and any others) -- we'd welcome any contributions/reports from you. Let us know what's happening in your waters. See our contributors guidelines posted at: http://www.noquartergiven.net/contributors.htm

To get a better geographical balance we have planned our two month East Coast trip. Hope to see many of you along the way.

We are starting our trip with the brand-new PyrateCon in New Orleans (Jean Laffite's old stomping grounds) where we are featured speakers: www.pyratecon.com

Next we'll be at Sail Jacksonville, a tall ships event in Jacksonville, FL (May 4-6). Then two weeks later we'll be at Charleston Tall Ships (May 17-20). Pirates will be at both of these venues (pirate camps, pirate battle sails, etc.) . Memorial weekend we'll be at Un-Con (Dead Pirate's non-convention party weekend) in Atlanta.

Then we'll be at the Hampton Blackbeard Pirate Festival (June 2-3), and Norfolk Harborfest (June 8-10).

After Harborfest, we hightail it back to California for the 1st Annual Northern California Pirate Festival the next weekend (June 16-17).

You can find links for any of these events (and more) in our "On the Horizon" webpage, http://www.noquartergiven.net/calendar.htm

We hope to see many of you along the way.

Yrs in the Sweet Trade,

--Jamaica Rose

--Jamaica Rose

Editor of No Quarter Given - since 1993

http://www.noquartergiven.net/

"Bringing a little pirate history into everyone's life"

Find No Quarter Given

... on Facebook: facebook.com/noquartergiven

... and on Twitter: @NoQuarterGiven

I got my latest issue (Which I believe was the Dec/Jan issue) this past Friday.

Patience is a virtue.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

• 1 month later...

You'll be happy to know that Jamaica Rose and her good Captain were her in Charleston for the Tall Ship Festival last weekend, so I know they still be alive and kicking. I don't know how much time they have to work on the next issue of NQG they were so busy. I got to meet them on sunday they last day of the festival and they still hadn't had time to see any of the ships or explore the other venders and exhibits, they were that busy.

While I was alittle disappointed not to have the time to talk to them as much as I'ld have liked, I was glade to see how popular they were and the amount of bussiness they were getting. A pirates still got to pay his or her bills. :lol:

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!