eBay auction item

For those who may be interested, I was browsing eBay this morning, and came across this item....

Hanger Sword on eBay

The seller claims it is an AD 1650 to 1700 hanger sword, based on what I have seen in "Swords and Blades of the American Revolution", I am leaning towards believing the provenance claimed by the seller.

It's worth the look even if you aren't interested in buying it.

Michael_banner.jpg

Yeah, I've been fighting with myself all morning about bidding on it....

Not knowing what the "reserve" amount on it has been one of the main reasons I haven't bid on it yet... :huh:

That and fear of my other half's wrath at me spending money on a "frivoulous" purchase in midst of moving expenses... :huh:

Michael_banner.jpg

Hot dog I'd kill for that sword!

Meaning, if anyone here wins it, please forward me your address, tell me where you'll be storing it, and provide a list of your primary vulnerabilities (fear of sunlight, allergies to pollen or stabbings, etc.)

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Hot dog I'd kill for that sword!

Pun intended? :lol: ......up there with Dr Strangelove "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room"!

As for the sword ,Who needs reenactor gear when you can have the real thing!

SHIP2-1.jpg

Its good. This guy has nice stuff that comes up from time to time.

I am guessing the reserve alone is going to be $1000

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

• 2 months later...

Did anybody happen to save the pictures from this auction? I want to see if my local smith can recreate the sword, but I acted too late to download the pictures.

Hey Roy,

As luck wouldd have it, I do beleive that I saved the images from the auction item. I currently have two sets of pictures, and I am not sure which one is that particular sword, but if you private message me with your email address I will send you both sets of images if you like.

Michael_banner.jpg

Michael, would you mind very much sending the photos to me as well? I'd like to see what it looks like! :ph34r:

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

Rather than send them all out, I have posted the images HERE on a temporary basis. I will take this page down in the not too distant future, but now you can both access the images as well as any one else who may have been interested and hasn't spoken up about it.

I didn't save the decsription for the first one, but I did for the second one. Enjoy.

If you have any questions or have any touble accessing the images let me know.

Michael_banner.jpg