Piratey Easter Egg

Hester

I'm truly coveting this little bit of plunder:

azov2.jpg

... a Faberge egg called "The Memory of Azov" ... held at the Kremlin Armoury Museum in Moscow.

I asked Mr. H. to plunder it for me for Easter, but he declined.

He did suggest, however, that such a jewel heist would make an excellent plot for a thriller novel ... or the next "Ocean's" sequel.

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

Hi, Rumba:

Lovely easter eggs!

I live in a neighbourhood that had a large East European immigrant population after WWII, and although it's a more mixed neighbourhood nowadays, some of the local shops still sell authentic pysanky (not to mention Polish paczki -- those yummy plum donuts traditional on Shrove Tuesday).

Deanna's clip-clocks look very tempting. I've taken up English Country Dancing as a hobby. Earlier this year, I attended a Regency "period costume" ball and I noticed in pictures afterwards that my wristwatch looked very out of place. I had meant to slip it into my "reticule" when I changed into my costume, but I forgot. (Bloody pre-dinner rum-tasting!) A nice cameo-brooch-cum-secret-watch might be just the ticket for such events! (Early birthday present to myself, maybe...)

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I have to tell you, I love those clip clocks. I've got a couple and have bought some for friends who just love them too.

Truly worth the investment, and if people see you looking at it, they will probably ask about it. It's happened to me so much, that I had Deanna send me some of her business cards to hand out. :lol: