Tell me what you think of my swag

Silent

So I don't have all this yet but thanks to photoshop magic I can kinda see what I'm going to have.

(the person is not me)

I went from this plane thing to adding a fer more touches

renaissance_english_outlaw_outfit_03.jpg

To this. Do you like? I'm excitied and can't wait to get it all! Also imagine me with a foot long beard because I'm growing it out, I'll be one scary pirate I'm hoping

outfitfin.jpg

Differnt hat mate. I'd go with a better hat. Jack hats are most everywhere and this looks the same. Go darker to match the vest with a trim. Tattered.... but dignified!

LOVE the baldric! A mite too many guns for my taste but... then I have things in the way of carry'n guns on me chest. B)

You have the start of a real nice rig there.

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I agree with Iron Bess....two three pistols at max, Cap'n jack hat is nice but I have seen it everywhere too often. I may not be the best judge, but I can say that some of it s a mishmash of different time periods (how do you bridge standard robin hood ren-faire with early 18th century seaman? [no offence, just positive criticism])

I'm, working a on a 2-pistol baldric/cartitdge box Blackbeard-style for my own get up.

SHIP2-1.jpg

Well if you saw I changed the vest in the photoshoped picture to a longer derkin. The hat I wanted to get because it was cheap. The hate I want is a little pricy. Trust me I know about the "jacks" and it anoys the crap out of me.

I would like to get this hat

mackay_06.jpg

If I might be so bold ~ I recommend you contact Hatcrafters for your hat. Considerably more reasonable than anywhere else I have found, they custom make the hat for you, to your size and color specifications. They carry an extensive selection of wonderful hats available in a wide range of colors (swatch card available upon request).

This link is to one of the 20 pages of hats they offer - 22 hats on this page alone! B)

http://www.hatcrafters.com/page5.htm

My advice: call them directly, or email them the image - they may add the extra dent in front for a small fee. The lady I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable and service oriented.

Hope this helps! :huh:

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

If I might be so bold ~ I recommend you contact Hatcrafters for your hat. Considerably more reasonable than anywhere else I have found, they custom make the hat for you, to your size and color specifications. They carry an extensive selection of wonderful hats available in a wide range of colors (swatch card available upon request).

This link is to one of the 20 pages of hats they offer - 22 hats on this page alone! B)

http://www.hatcrafters.com/page5.htm

My advice: call them directly, or email them the image - they may add the extra dent in front for a small fee. The lady I spoke with was extremely knowledgeable and service oriented.

Hope this helps! :huh:

Thanks! I hand to make a new folder in my favorites labled "pirate stuff" :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed, Jacks the best, I'm wanting a "Long John Silver" model myself, but might I recomend these folks on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/REVOLUTIONARY-WAR-COLO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Three Horse Hill do really nice work, all by hand and the prices are very reasonable. It should be noted for the purists out there that most of these hats are late 18th century, Rev war patterns but I think they are very nice and are a great choice for the budget minded.

i was in the same boat...waiting for a hat in the mail...took 19 weeks!...so i bought a hat blank...made me own...looks like your picture (the Mac)...made it in one night...i got mine in the mail...liked my original better...sent the mail one back!

$18 to $36 hat blanks...wool felt...make yer own...better finished...lived in look...trim all ya need...worse ya sew...better it looks...

but thats just me opinion.... :o

trade the MAC in and got me a Long John Silver...looked to clean...after waterproofin...and dirtyin it up a bit...plus added some tea soaked trim got at RF2 thingy....now me gots me a fancy hat...but still looks used and worn...and real....not off the shelf store bought look....personally i think every hat looks better after it took a tumble or two...

:ph34r:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg