May Day in the Reign of QueenElizabeth

Red Maria

For the lazy, click here. Colors were so muted in the 18th and 19th century. Thank God we got Technicolor in the 20th.

I'm a bit more partial to this one myself. That would look nice in my library. (It has an engineering theme. Actually, it contains a picture of a little girl in a pink space suit building sandcastles on the moon and another with a cat in a spacesuit clawing the moon's surface. They're called The Ultimate Sandbox and The Ultimate Litterbox, respectively. One of these days I have to get some photos of that room and post them on my site. Yep, one of these days...)

Here's one that reminds me of Blackjohn.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Nice pics!

I'm partial to this one, this one and definitely this one.

Oh, ah. Very nice. I've always liked broad landscapes as well. Mostly for viewing, though, not for my walls. There are two oils here at the DIA of a huge waterfall in the Catskill Mountains (one from the top and one from the foot) that I have always been partial to. I cut classes one day (Statistics lab, ironically enough) to go and gaze at them. Oh, for the halcyon daze of my youth...)

Speaking of the DIA, there is an Ansel Adams show going on here in Detroit at the DIA. I'll bet that would be up your alley, Jill.

"Am I not?"

I like this one mermaid and girl and this one bunniesand I want this dress lady in gauze and this pic is kinda strange...what exactly is going on in this pic? Whp is the painting of, did she just commision that for him, or is there a lover involved...or is she just asking for money to pay against the credit card....doggie looks like he wants a bone? lol Who is who?

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

Well whaddaya know? The Ultimate Sandbox is still available here. (I bought it from an ad in a space exploration magazine I briefly subscribed to.) That would fit right in with those Victorian pieces on auction at Christies. I'm surprised it wasn't included...

"Am I not?"