BellyDancing Pirates

Lady Alyx

:rolleyes: The title of the track is Dinner is Served! I wonder if they thought about that?

I edited the waltz out of the track so I could stick it on a playlist and not be annoyed when it comes up. I love re-discovering cool tracks on my mp3 player that I had forgotten about.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Thanks for the post. I was looking for a reason to smile today and pirates and belly-dancers tend to make me do just that. Now that I've got belly-dancing pirate women I just can't stop.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

I am glad you folks enjoyed. Here is another video of Belly Dance from the same group/artist. This is a bit more traditional but very very cool, her contortions are excellent in isolations. Check it out. Music is really cool on this one...no corny music this time. This is a longer vid, so give yourself a few moments to enjoy.

Belly Dance - Morgana

~~~~Sailing Westward Bound~~~~

Lady Alyx

bateau-sailor-jerry-tatouage.jpg

I found one more video..but it is a male belly dancer...I know the men will probably be not interested, but as a student of b/d I find it very very interesting and I think the male body can be just as sexy. Check it out if you dare....

Lady Alyx

I actually have a couple of guys in my belly dance class. Its been a wonderful experience having them in my classes. Mostly because it forces me to focus on what image is being projected by the dancing itself (as opposed to the person dancing).

This video is an excellent example of a man dancing as a woman, and he is very good. The guys in my classes have chosen to dance as men, so we work through each move inspecting the image it portrays and alter the movements slightly to give an aura of power and strength. Often this means that moves start to look more like tribal style, but it definately means they look like men. I always offer each of my students the choice of how they would like to dance and then help them work toward what they chose. I think it makes the classes a lot more fun for everyone.

Duchess, yes I agree the majority of his moves are for women but there are a subtle few that I think are for a man. I have viewed others on You-Tube that are men and you can definetly tell they are doing a man's dance..some moves are the same as women's moves but you can still tell it is a coreography for the man's body. I love watching the men. If you have any good sites or video's of men's performances let me know.

Lady Alyx

• 3 weeks later...