RIP: Shipwreck off Hispaniola

As, no doubt, the news has already reached some ears here, the sad duty falls upon me to inform you that my brother Captain Jigme perished in a shipwreck off the coast of Hispaniola.

The Good Ship Bodhisattva was attempting to rescue survivors from the wreck of her sister ship Tara. Reports from the land indicate that there were no survivors. The ships were too far out, and the swells far too heavy for any man or boat to make shore.

Once my application to come aboard is approved, I will be posting directly, under my own name.

May the Author of all that is Good bless you and protect you.

Quartermaster James Hunt

of the Good Ship Fearless

<_< Secret Santa, lost at sea! Oooh noooo.

Ransom bows head and thinks fondly of rum poundcake & caramel rum sauce, wonderful hot buttered rum, and the Arms of the Sea birthday - er, tie up. **sigh**

I sure hope James Hunt can cook as well as his brother.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

I thank ye all kindly for your condolences.

It was actually a point of some contention as to which of us be better in the galley. Unfortunately, my brother and I being some time separated, I cannot compare his skills to mine. I am given to understand that in his travels to the east, in which he took his strange name, he acquired a fancy for fiery and exotic spices. Still we were both taught culinary arts by our sainted mother, being raised in a merchant home that seemed to just as oft serve as public house.

My registration with your forum seems to be somewhat snagged; until it is approved I will continue to post under my brother's account. Also, I will, of course, honour any extant or contemplated trade contracts on my departed brother's behalf.

Your humble servant,

Quartermaster James Hunt

of the Good Ship Fearless