Pyratical baby blankets...

We got a used sewing maching (rescued from one of my parent's closets) and my wife has been teaching herself to sew.

And as a friend just had a child, we thought we should give a gift that just couldn't be mistaken for anyone else's. They're not quite the pyratical-types that we are, but they're not that far off (more Ren-faire bums).

blankets1.jpg

blankets2.jpg

Maybe not the best quality out there, but we're still learning...

sig2.jpg

It's quite inspiring! I have a few quilt patterns (been sewing fer oh......25 years), but never thought o adding the "no quater given" ta any o me quilts. Hav ta try that!

291681265_m.jpg Drink Up Me Harties Yo Ho!

That is a really sharp idea! :)

My missus and I have 2 yr old triplets and I'm sure the boys would love some good blankets like that!!

I might have to get to work with those!

Rats

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

brava.....an verra cute fer the wee ones

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Thanks to all for the compliments. Her next project was going to be some clothing (plus, once she learns what she's doing, she's to teach me). Once we can work through the ever-popular Jack Sparrow costume pattern that is on the market, we'll feel better about investing in some real patterns, like Kass'.

sig2.jpg

Hi, Cap'n Zed:

Those blankets are charming!

investing in some real patterns, like Kass'.

I suspect you'll find that Kass's patterns will make your machine superfluous, though.

Cheers, Hester ... who swears a lot when she sews, and now remembers she's got some mending to do, using her mother-in-law's temperamental hand-me-down European sewing machine

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

I LOVE those blankets!!

I might have to spring for something like that. Lady Barbossa found some onesies with skulls on them, and someting about Pirate Diaparrrr. I like the idea of one with Mind the Poop Deck on it.. lol

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

who swears a lot when she sews

Not "she" but "he"..........

But dosen't everyone swear when they sew............

THAT SUM A B*&^%.... it says right on th' maching that it's a sewing machine...... NOT A WEED WACKER....... SO why does it keep rattailing th' *&&%&&^% thread when I sew......

I'm going ter be takin me axe ter it... then sell alla th scrap metal ter the Japineese so they can make auto parts........

Dang.... you'd think the Swiss could make a better maching......

Add in a lot more profanity.... and that is my daily conversations with the sewing machines......

(I make animal mascots for a living... so I sew daily....)(and curse at the *&%%%$*** machines all th' time......)

Like when I was making me first pirate coat with 4 layers of heavy fabric where the lapels got and I nearly knocked me machine over and used language ta make a pirate blush? :huh:

291681265_m.jpg Drink Up Me Harties Yo Ho!

No the real cussing is when.... your bobbin runs out of thread two inches from where you have to end it.

No real cussing is when you finisish perfectly sewing a long tricky seam and your bobbin runs out two inches from where you began it. Hate it when that happens

Bobbins running out...... piece of cake.....

It's when the timeing on the machine goes out ...Shattering your next to last needle on a project that HAS to go out today..... SO you spend half and hour getting it to sew again....... (Note.... I can fix the timeing on a sewing machine.... most people have to send it to the shop.....)