seamstress... pattern question

Wednesday

Like Marion Ravenwood! (Definitely one of the best movie heroines ever. Marie 'Slim' Browning in To Have and To Have Not is another one. But I digress...)

Kwik Sew pattern 2990. (Google)

http://www.thesewingplace.com/browseproduc...k-Sew-2990.HTML

Now, assuming this is a pirate question (palazzo pants looking distinctly piratey to me), I'm going to move this topic into Plunder where the sewing questions are better answered. Here, we talk about your degree of strangeness.

"You're supposed to be dead!"

"Am I not?"

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Like Marion Ravenwood! (Definitely one of the best movie heroines ever. Marie 'Slim' Browning in To Have and To Have Not is another one. But I digress...)

Kwik Sew pattern 2990. (Google)

http://www.thesewingplace.com/browseproduc...k-Sew-2990.HTML

Now, assuming this is a pirate question (palazzo pants looking distinctly piratey to me), I'm going to move this topic into Plunder where the sewing questions are better answered. Here, we talk about your degree of strangeness.

Hmm...I was looking for elastic waist rather than fillted...pirate...not really thought Iwas going to make bloomers.....

Found a piece of India print with a stripe, wanted to not cut a curve into the stripe, so....palazzo.....

I just sewed some 'pirate' pants for myself. I simply took a woman's easy pant pattern and widened out the legs a bit, cut them off at the length I wanted and bingo!

You can certianly do that with your own idea of simply slimming the leg down, it should be very easy.

that should work (not slim, but straight). Thought of using my beach-pants pattern and placing the top of the pant at the line of the print and cutting straight down both outside and inside seam.

Sound workable?