need help finding gloves

robail

'allo new to tha forums, and I need help.

I've been searchin for gloves that I could um, mutilate and make them look worn, like cutting off a finger or finger tip from the gloves.

the problem I want them in brown but for some odd reason the only cheap gloves(ones I wouldn't feel bad about damaging) come in black.

Usually the glove sites I find say something like Black cowhide gloves, then the deerskin gloves come in different colors

have all the brown cows been killed off or something?

thanks for any help that can be given?

Why not just get a pair of work gloves at a hardware store.... they come in brown. Just re-stitch any of the fingers that you cut, or they will unravel.....

Aye, that's what I did. The hardware store gloves have this little elastic wrist band stitch on em. I just ripped it out and wrapped some jute around em.

EagleCrafts also sells a pattern for gauntlet-style gloves, which I'm sure ye could modify.

:lol:

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."

Buy a lighter pair. Then take the lighter pair and stain them a darker brown using a combination of dark brown dyes. Stain them unevenly for an aged look.

You won't even need to dye them , really, as dye and stain often bleed through to the hands...unless you want that effect. Just wipe em down with mink oil or neatsfoot oil. they'll darken up real quick!

:ph34r:

Monterey Jack

"yes I am a pirate 200 years too late,

the cannons don't thunder, there's nothin to plunder,

I'm an over-40 victim of fate,

arrivin too late.........."