Replica 17th Century Dutch Sea Charts

PoD

These are the first batch of my Replica Dutch Sea Charts from the mid 17th Century. All are on period correct linen and cotton rag paper and are 18" x 24" in size.

med_gallery_10743_189_2748.jpg

Charts Available:

Replica 1665 Dutch Seachart of the Irish Sea with Ireland with the neighboring England and Scotland

Replica 1666 Dutch Seachart of the East African coast, Arabia, Madagascar and the islands of the Indian Ocean with the Seychelles and the Maldives

Replica 1666 Dutch Seachart of the Atlantic Islands (Azores, Madeira & Canary Islands)

Replica 1662 Dutch Seachart of the Caribbean Islands

Replica 1657 Dutch Seachart of Southern Florida, the Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica, and Hispaniola

All Charts are $35. Message me if you are interested in buying any.

I am always interested in trading for my items too (especially looking for trade knives for my buccaneer project).

Edited by PoD

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

Have you come across any of the work of the Dutch explorer and cartographer, Adrian Block. He's credited with the early charting of Long Island and giving his name to Block Island. It was settled by English of Bradfords Massachusetts Colony in 1661 by 16 families some of the decendants still residing on the Island. There's quite the history of the Island. Some myth some true but all colorfull.

I'll look out for them. I dont think any of mine are by him though. I think his maps seem to be slightly before the GOAP so thats probably why I havent come across him.

Edited by PoD

bannerad.jpg

I have added another Chart now. It's a 1666 Dutch Seachart of the Atlantic coast of America from Cape Cod to Cape Hatteras.

med_gallery_10743_189_12719.jpg

bannerad.jpg

Here's another 2 charts. These are from the early 18th Century:

Replica 1712 Dutch Seachart of the Antilles, Greater, Cuba, and Jamaica

med_gallery_10743_189_33023.jpg

Replica 1713 English Seachart of of New Foundland, New Scotland, New England, New York, New Jersey, with Virginia and Maryland

med_gallery_10743_189_7249.jpg

bannerad.jpg

Hmmm.... I think m' purse is attempting to burn a hole. Looks like I'll have to be obtainin' some maps here by th' summer. :blink:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 3 weeks later...

Heres the next 2. Late 17th Century this time:

This is a replica of a 1675 English Seachart of the South Sea by John Seller hydrographer to the Kings most excellent majestie. It shows the west coast of North and South America including the gulf of mexico and Panama.

med_gallery_10743_189_31958.jpg

Replica 1690 English Seachart of the eastermost part of the East Indies with all the adjacent islands from Cape Comorin to Japan

med_gallery_10743_189_46083.jpg

bannerad.jpg

• 1 month later...

PoD, good news- they arrived and are beautiful! thanks mate

hey pubsters, i'm going to take the liberty to describe my latest transaction with PoD.

The first papers I got from him arrived with no problems. The second set fell to the mailing gnomes and never arrived. We waited and waited, communicating our concerns on both sides. After time we finally admitted they were gone, we really were hoping that ash, turtles or some mythical creature had caused their delay. PoD bent over packwards to make sure he had a happy customer when it was the shipping, and not the product, that was the hiccup. Thanks again for a great product!

PoD, good news- they arrived and are beautiful! thanks mate

hey pubsters, i'm going to take the liberty to describe my latest transaction with PoD.

The first papers I got from him arrived with no problems. The second set fell to the mailing gnomes and never arrived. We waited and waited, communicating our concerns on both sides. After time we finally admitted they were gone, we really were hoping that ash, turtles or some mythical creature had caused their delay. PoD bent over packwards to make sure he had a happy customer when it was the shipping, and not the product, that was the hiccup. Thanks again for a great product!

I am really Glad you like them and that they finally got there. They are actually the "lost" maps that have turned up as the replacement ones are still here. I had to wait until after that pesky volcanic dust cloud had moved before I shipped them so they were in the car ready to go out tomorrow ha ha.

bannerad.jpg

• 4 months later...

Just got new stock of paper in so these maps are available once again.

If you dont see what you are after in this thread then let me know and I will try and find it.

bannerad.jpg

• 5 months later...

Got a few more maps up in my store now:

Replica 1697 Dutch chart of the then known world at the end of the 17th century marking major ports, countries, capes, estuaries, banks and islands.

il_fullxfull.225466285.jpg

Replica 1693 English chart showing Land's End and the south western tip of Cornwall

il_fullxfull.225464961.jpg

Replica 1693 English chart of the Bristol Channel showing depth soundings and anchor points

il_fullxfull.225463371.jpg

Replica 1693 English Map of Plymouth Harbour in southern England showing depth soundings and anchor points

il_fullxfull.225455802.jpg

All are on period correct linen and cotton rag paper and 18" x 24" in size $37

If you would like to save a little bit of money and arent to concerned about authenticity then I am now also doing all my charts and maps on modern parchment vellum paper which looks the part to the untrained eye. (all the examples in this post are printed on this paper) The maps printed on this paper are $24 (message me if you want the modern paper ones as they are only available on the pirate forums at the moment and not in my shop)

bannerad.jpg

are there also period maps that show the currents and the winds? Making it possibloe to explain the audience (with period maps) how they used to sail from europe to the carribeans and back.

Like we discussed Here ?

I have a 1716 German world map showing the shipping routes of the east and west india company and also a 1705 English seachart showing the trade winds if you would like to see them too

bannerad.jpg

Replica 1705 English sea chart of the whole world shewing the variations of the compass with a view of the generall and coasting trade winds and monsoons or shifting trade winds

il_fullxfull.226022295.jpg

il_fullxfull.226022307.jpg

Replica 1716 German World map showing shipping routes to the East and West indies

il_fullxfull.226017942.jpg

il_fullxfull.226019681.jpg

bannerad.jpg