Pyracy Pub Statistics Project Poll

Mission

I need your help! I'm taking a Statistics Class and we have to do a project that involves collecting statistical data. I need to get 30 unique responses and I thought this would be an interesting place to do it.

Because a lot of the members here tend to stick to certain forums, I'm posting this in several of them (Beyond Pyracy, Captain Twill, Pirate Crews - Pyrates of Europe and Pirate Popto get the needed number of responses. Please only respond once and please answer them all if you decide to respond. (I'll post the results on my website with a link to them here.) Thanks for your help! ~Mission

Pyracy Pub Poll Questions

a. How re-enactment opportunities did you have in 2006 (pirate and non-pirate)?

b. How many different pirate or pirate-related characters do you portray?

c. Were your pirate or pirate-related characters based more on historic or movie/fantasy figures?

d. Do you sail or work in a sea-related field or do you re-enact purely for escapism?

My answers would be:

a. 0

b. 1

c. historic

d. escapism

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

a: About 30 opportunities, went to about 16

b: I don't know about "characters" - I'm usually me in different clothes and circumstances. I probably do about 15 or more different "roles" at various times I suppose.

c: Historic

d: Sea related.

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

c. Were your pirate or pirate-related characters based more on historic or movie/fantasy figures?

d. Do you sail or work in a sea-related field or do you re-enact purely for escapism?

a. 8

b. 1

c. historic

d. does escapism equal to educate and entertain?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

My answers would be:

a. 0 Pirate / 7 Other period re-enactments (Attended 3)

b. One historic, one movie/fantasy style, although they are both similar, one is just over the top

c. Both historic and movie/fantasy but leaning more towards historic

d. Escapism

Michael_banner.jpg

a. 6 or 7 maybe more

b. 1

c. More Historic

d. I sail for escapism though I have no idea what I'd want to escape

A. 5/2 Just started going reenactments and Faires this past year.

B. One

C. Fantasy. My character is built as an extension of me with no history as of yet, butloosely based on a mixture of chracters, mostly Long john Silver..Robert Newton Style

D I don't now but I used to be in the Navy....the closest thing I get to going to sea now is a 10 foot chenoe. escapiam

Shipwreck

Adventurer of Independent Means

TALL SAILS AND MERMAIDS TAILS, THIS BE THE LIFE FOR ME

"THEM THAT DIE WILL BE THE LUCKY ONES"

bnnr2.jpg

a - Probably 50 in different eras. Went to about ten.

b - I don't portray any pirate-related characters. I portray a woman from the 1690s.

c - historic

d - neither. I'm a textile historian studying the clothing of the Golden Age of Piracy. I reenact to have a place to wear my reconstructions and to teach people about the clothing (and lives) of our ancestors. I don't really have anything I want to escape from.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

A = 1

B = 2 The Ransom in PR & PHSB is ficion, The Ransom that attends event (more this year, I hope) is older and not as brash!

C = Fantasy, leaning toward historic

D = Well, my husband and I have a boat, but it's not a sailboat. I'm not trying to escape, I'm trying to learn.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

a. 0, re-enactment opportunities. 5, pirate events.

b. 1, just Jacky Tar

c. Makin' it up as I go along! (Some historical an some on popular works o' fiction)

d. Would be in serious denial, if I didn't say escapism. (Aye, where's me ship?)

1.) 1 Pirate 1 Wild West, 1 Civil War

2.) 6+ Characters. From Ships doctor, Cut-throat/outlaw, Common sailor, bountyman, commoner/landsman, to militiaman.

3.) Making every attempt to be historically based and PC. But tending to be more PFC.

4.) We do this to teach and entertain. But also for the personal escape, the roar of the crowd and above all for the espredecorp of the crew!

As far as characters go, depending on the event, it's not uncommon for a reenactor to have multiple roles and have to quickly change from one to another. An example is when we do Wild West in Cedar Rapids.

With several different performances, I had gone from gambler, to lawman, to angry townsman, to the infamous cowboy Nate Champion, then to the leader of a vigilance committee.

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Thanks to everyone who responded! I only need 6 more responses to this for my project, so I'm bumping this up hoping 6 more brave souls will volunteer. Thanks!

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

a. How many re-enactment opportunities did you have in 2006 (pirate and non-pirate)?

a - 2

b - 1 but she appears different in different situations. Business woman, Pirate, wench.

c - Since she is a woman I must say fantasy ...with as much historic accuracy as I can manage

d - escapisim

A. 0

B. 1

C. Historic

D. Escapism

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

a. 20+

b. 3

c. Movie / Fantasy

d. Escapism... from debt mostly. :lol:

NOAH: Wow... the whole world flooded in just less than a month, and us the only survivors! Hey... is that another... do you see another boat out there? Wait a minute... is that a... that's... are you seeing a skull and crossbones on that flag?

Ministry of Petty Offenses