Fantastic Gargoyle Head Hanger For Sale

Its with much regret and heavy heart that I must sell my Hanger.

It took about 3 years to get this sword, from assembling the parts to being on the waiting list, to actually receiving it, about three weeks ago.

Its expensive.

That being said, in my humble opinion, its the quintessential GAoP sword. Swords/Hangers of this type first started to come on the scene in the 1680s. While their source is unknown, they appear in contemporary paintings as early as 1665

1700-hanger-1665.jpg

While there are several known styles, the reoccurring theme is raised dragons and abstract designs.

One of the more simple designs, dates to the end of the 17th century and incorporates three cast brass pieces (grip-pommel halves and knuckle bow). The rectangular grip has scalloped finger grooves.

If you have a copy of Swords and Blades of the American Revolution, this is an exact copy of sword 8.S

Here is a painting that depicts this style of swords and dates to 1695

1700-hanger-Balchen1695.jpg

Even Blackbeard is shown in contemporary artwork with this style of sword

1700-hanger-BB.jpg

Originals do not come up often (And boy did I ever search for one) and if they did, it would probably sell for big $$$. This commissioned replica is an exact copy and comes complete with period leather scabbard.

1700-Hanger-06.jpg

Sword and Scabbard Blade 24.5" Single Fuller

1700-Hanger-03.jpg

Detail of Grip

1700-Hanger-04.jpg

Grip Back Detail

I realize that this sword ain't for everyone, but for those of you who want just that little bit more... this will be perfect.

SOLD

Edited by Gentleman of Fortune

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

It's absolutely beautiful! I'm sorry you have to part with it.

If I had the money lying around, it would be sold by now.

That said, I am going to see what I can beg, borrow, or steal.

I advise anybody here who is interested and who also has ready cash at hand to not dawdle!

Memory grows thin; from whom did you commission the blade again?

Pm'd ya!

It's absolutely beautiful! I'm sorry you have to part with it.

If I had the money lying around, it would be sold by now.

That said, I am going to see what I can beg, borrow, or steal.

I advise anybody here who is interested and who also has ready cash at hand to not dawdle!

Memory grows thin; from whom did you commission the blade again?

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I'm sorry for your need to relieve yourself of this fantastic replica...wish I could be of service to you but at this time due to unforeseen circumstances I'm unable to offer any balm for this situation. I will pass it along if you don't mind the assistance in trying to ease your mind and purse.

• 3 weeks later...