Help with Sewing

The Doctor

:P I think they all do that Jack! Mine likes chasing the thread as I sew button holes...

(and that's a fine looking ship's cat!)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

:P how very helpful. My cats make perfect pattern weights. Because you know, patterns just get up and walk away without their help.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

I envy those of you whose friends simply sit upon the work in question. My friend feels it his moral obligation to chew on and carry away anything I am not immediately holding on to!

I envy those of you whose friends simply sit upon the work in question. My friend feels it his moral obligation to chew on and carry away anything I am not immediately holding on to!

That would be why I can't leave my serger threaded. Certain "family members" tend to eat the thread & pull it all over the house. I won't mention the kitten who is determined to burn himself on the iron one of these days.

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Simply weigh down? My dog likes to weigh down anything I'm doing if he can reach it...he's an incredible bed hog as well! Oh and for a dog he has a helthy appetite for string, styrofom and tinsel....luckily he's adorable..

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

My two hounds are so lazy, they think every piece of fabric stretched out on the floor is for them to lie upon.

This becomes fairly dangerous when that "piece of fabric" is actually the train of your skirts and you go to take a step! :lol:

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Only one helper? ;) Try sewing - or doing anything for that matter, like reading the paper, laying out patterns, doing artwork - when you have FIVE of the little nosey critters. Try just sitting on the couch to read a book or magazine, with five hairy bodies piled all over you.

Reba

Domino

Phantom

Sabine

Celeste

Oh, and did I mention the greyhound, Zorro? (Cause he's black and has panache)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Handsome brutes all! From one cat lover to another! ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

You know it's said pets resemble their owners Jack. Caleb and Selena look like Janelle, curious but a huggy kind. But Jack Jr. definately looks just like you! :rolleyes:

My youngest cat, Luna (actually Lunatic) is into EVERYTHING I'm not holding onto.

The rest just lay on whatever if they can.

Six cats...oi vey!

Hmmm, guess I'll have to get the camera out and take some pictures.

But in the meantime, here's a picture of the three youngest looking at a bug outside. Taken back in October.

Kiki, Luna, and Jasper

Ohtobeoutside.jpg

Here's one of Gilligan, my Senegal parrot that talks like a pirate! B) He's really rather a small bird, though the picture makes him look huge.

Gilligan.jpg

Ship's cat Pootle is bugging me to ask whether Caleb has a girlfriend... ;)

pootle.jpg

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Caleb hasn't been overly interested in the lady folk ever since the veterinarian "broke" him. :D

And, Rumba! What a terrible thing to say about Jack Jr! :D

The therapy alone will cost a fortune. :D

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

No cats as Nora is allergic to them...but Everytime I sew or crochet My cockatiel "Buddy" Assists me by holding the thread in his foot. I am trying to teach him to sew but so far he has not picked up on it as of yet...*sighs*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

• 3 weeks later...

Mine insists on climbing up the silk waistcoats, of course by way of the front... never the wool or linen, only the silk... sigh a cat with expensive taste.... :ph34r:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 3 weeks later...

So glad someone started this thread. I have been wondering what to do with this photo. This is why I cannot get anything done...

100_0873.jpg

Left to right: Phoebe, Willow, and Jackson. Zoe (also jet black) was probably in the basement at the time, as she has no patience for the kittens.

And another, just of Willow:

100_0874.jpg

I would like to get a photo of several of my navigational instruments to post on the Archangel site... Hmm... let's see... ah, yes -- perfect -- NO! WAIT!

100_0931.jpg

My wife is in tears that she cannot have a nice, peaceful, ornament-covered undisturbed Christmas tree.

100_0649.jpg

Wait -- is this one of my kittens, or did someone let a squirrel into the house?

100_0636.jpg

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

Wow... Two out of my three liked to climb the tree and try and sleep on/in it... But I don't think even the little one got as high up the tree as yours seems to have! :ph34r:

My favourite is watching my girl trying to tablet weave... I stress trying, as all three of the rascals seem to be able to put their differences apart for the sake or tormenting dozen of loose threads... And being yelled at by the lady for their efforts. :ph34r:

Michael_banner.jpg

Lovely cats Capt Straw! Willow is just beautiful!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...