Group buy on lanterns

I have spoken with Historic Enterprises on the matter of buying their brass lanterns at a group rate. The lanterns are 4 3/4" x 11" with a horn pane window. See image below.

They said they'll give us a 10% discount on the purchase of 12 or more lanterns. The price per lantern would be about $26.96 each with the discount. This makes group buys very simple. Hurricane can do a group buy for the buccaneer group in the 1680 Port Royal Camp and have them all shipped to him for distribution among his crew, while I can handle the 1720 Mercury Careening Camp orders. We can save on shipping as well by sending the lanterns directly to PIP for distribution among the crew members when they arrive. As for the Sutlers Camp, they may wish to purchase their own for use as personal items or wares for sale.

Thoughts?

http://www.historicenterprises.com/cart.ph...tail&p=216&c=35

product_216.jpg

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Very nice pieces!

I'll check in to the fundage!

Rats

If enough of the Archangel Crew wants to order, you may wish to do your own group order and have it delivered there to you. Then you can use the lanterns at events throughout the year.

We're in for a couple in our group. I will check with the rest of my crewe to see if they want them as well. Will report back on a complete group order for the 1680 camp.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The Crewe of the Sacred Heart will take 5 lanterns, if ye please. Let me know how to pay for them, or how to make my order. Do we just tell them that we are with PIP? Also, would like them shipped to Key West if possible, to save shipping from Indiana. Mighty fine lanterns, they are.

The Crewe of the Sacred Heart will take 5 lanterns, if ye please. Let me know how to pay for them, or how to make my order. Do we just tell them that we are with PIP? Also, would like them shipped to Key West if possible, to save shipping from Indiana. Mighty fine lanterns, they are.

We'll add your order to the Careening Camp and ship them directly to the fort to await our arrival. Once we have enough confirmed orders, I will tally up the overall caost with tax and shipping and let people know what they need to send.

• 1 month later...

The Pyrates of the Coast would be in for 5 total...

And that's my final answer.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The festival draws closer and closer, but each time I go to finalize our group buy...well... The lantern is still currently out of stock. We're getting down to the wire, but I'll call them on Monday and see if these lamps are even possible by PIP. We all might have to consider alternatives.

EDIT: I left a message on the voice messaging system, so we should know about these on the morrow.

Bad news.

I left a message with Historic Enterprises today on their voicemail system. They were gracious enough to phone me back a few hours later, but informed me that that item is no longer available.

Sorry folks, I apologize for not pursuing this matter with more fervor early on, but we were waiting on a few confirmations and I did not expect the item to disappear as an option. I will do my best to research anoher option immediately and I will let you all know.

-William

Don't know if there is time....

but pierced tin lanterns work..... I'd have to get off me.... (well you know wot) and make one so I can photograph it, and show how they are made......

They are easy to make.... just poundin the seam, and getting the door to work does take some fiddling with.......

Basicaly it's just a tin cylinder with a crumpled top, and a circle of tin folded between some cut out taps......(the door takes a little more effort).... then... well before your turn it into a cylinder... you poke a buncha hole throught it with a highly technacal tool..(a nail)

Great first project for metal work.....

The original concept.... was that we were going to post this stuff (and how to make a terpentine/linseed oil ground cloth) some time back in Spring....... rats... time gotta away from us.......

Hey... it's only a one night project...... Hummmmm... gotta go to the Hardware store..........

• 2 weeks later...

I shopped around at a few sutlers who deal in candle lanterns. I couldn't find anything similar to the horn-paned lantern we wanted in the price range we had hoped for, and many of the sutlers I tried couldn't meet our volume anyway.

Then I found Maryland Sutler. They have enough lanterns to cover a group buy. The lantern they offer is a four sided lantern of wood and glass with a copper heat strap and a wire bale for a handle. The lanterns come in a natural wood that can be stained by each owner according to his or her own personal taste. They normally run $20.00, but he said he'd knock it down to $18.00. He estimated the shipping would be about $2.50 per lantern, bringing it to $20.50. If we round it up to $21.00, this would allow us to ship additional spare panes of glass in case any of them are damaged in shipping or broken at the event. This is the best deal I've found.

Please let me know ASAP so that we can guarantee the group buy while he has these in stock.

lantern.jpg