For Sale -- Frock Coat

kass

I have for sale one early 1700s frock coat. It's the prototype that was used for the photoshoot for our website. It was only worn for a few minutes for this photo:

frock%20coat1.jpg

It is made from olive green 100% wool gabardine (tropical wool a.k.a. "summer weight") and lined with natural linen. There are nearly 100 pewter buttons on the front, back vent, sides, cuffs and pockets.

The coat is US size 38. I understand that is equivalent to European size 48 (chest ~96.5 cm). It will also fit a woman American size 8/10.

The first $250 takes it. I will ship anywhere in the world. Customer pays shipping.

PM me if you're interested. I accept money orders, checks in US funds, credit cards and PayPal.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

OK, for a stupid question...how do you determine what size you are? You'd think that with all the uniform jackets I have, at least one of them should have a size on them, alas they don't.

Coastie B)

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Measure around the widest part of your chest with a tape measure, Coastie. 38" is the chest measurement that this coat will fit. Actually, it's sized large so it might fit up to 40".

Thanks, Kass. It's a bit large for me. I wanted to make my own anyway, just haven't had the time and the fabric selection here is limited to what's in the back of the Ben Franklin. I'll wait 'til I get back to the lower 48 to delve into that project. By the way, do you have any plans of creating patterns for the mid-late 1700's? I love what you already have, but the style of ships that I like to sail the most are a bit late for GAoP.

Coastie B)

Sorry it isn't your size, Coastie. B)

We are planning some mid-18th century patterns next Spring (around March). I'll likely announce them here in Plunder when they roll off the presses.

We are planning some mid-18th century patterns next Spring (around March). I'll likely announce them here in Plunder when they roll off the presses.

Perfect timing, really. I'll be transfering this summer and will most likely have some time to start that kind of project after I move. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself for now.

Coastie :ph34r: