My Latest Creation...

This is my latest creation. I made one last Halloween but gave it away. (I'm such a generous pyrate). This thing has 18 yards of ribbon. I haven't yet decided what route I want to take as far as buttons. The last coat I made had mismatched buttons to give it the appearance that buttons had been lost, found, and scrounged through the years. Anyhoo, what do ye think?

Picture063.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture066.jpg

;)

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

Broadside! My compliments, mate! Tis a fine coat ya got there! Casual yet elegant! I like!

Swoon th' Ladies with that coat ya well! :)

~Lady B

:(

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

The detail work is simply stunning, Broadside. It's absolutely flawless! I would love to see what you could do with some real wool melton and worsted braid trim! :blink:

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

Many thanks for the kind words, mates. This is only my second major project so I'm holding off on the wool for awhile. Besides, this coat cost me less than 50 bucks. Much cheaper than wool. I ordered some pewter buttons from Jas. Townsend and will post pics when I'm done adding them. Again, many thanks!

;)

Every normal person must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats! - Lucanus

Broadside! My compliments, mate! Tis a fine coat ya got there! Casual yet elegant! I like!

Swoon th' Ladies with that coat ya well! :)

Many Thanks, Lady Barbossa and may I say your kit is absolutely stunning!

;)

...this coat cost me less than 50 bucks. Much cheaper than wool.

Not so, my dear. You can get good wool on sale for $5-6 a yard if you keep an eye out for sales! And it will last longer, which does your workmanship more proper credit.

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the finished product complete with "Fancy" pewter buttons from Jas. Townsend & Son, whom I can recommend highly. The shanks on some of buttons are a little sketchy (they were cheapos, $.55 each), but their service was excellent and incredibly fast!

Picture095.jpg

Yours truly,

Picture087.jpg