New Golden Age of Piracy Patterns

kass

We've been hard at work and are pleased to present two new Golden Age of Piracy patterns:

The 1720s Frock Coat

http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/patte...sfrockcoat.html

1720sfrockcoatcover.gif

Curved fronts, huge cuffs, and swingy skirts! A little later than our other frock coat pattern (appropriate for 1710-1730 for the fashionable man and later for the not-so).

The Early 18th century Great Coat

http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/patte.../greatcoat.html

greatcoatcover.gif

The perfect winter cover up for the man of fashion.

All in stock and ready to ship TODAY!

Quick! Get 'em before I leave the country!

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

I was already planning on it, Blackjohn. Matter of fact, I pushed up the printing schedule so I could have to them show you guys tomorrow night. :lol:

Yeah, I'm thinking of making one for myself for street wear. It's faboo! ;)

When you do leave the country, would you be kind enough to take a great coat pattern with you. B)

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

Darling, I already have one of each packed... B)

Funny... You guys are pirates, but I keep ending up with all your gold... How does that happen? B)

B)B)B)B)B)B)

oh yeah!, expect my order in the next couple months.......these are my winter projects! :rolleyes:

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

Thanks, it looks to be another winner!

What does the pattern call for as far as meters/yards of material for the outter part?

For the great coat and the justaucorps?

Greg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

When you do leave the country, would you be kind enough to take a great coat pattern with you. B)

Hi Kass,

If you Haven't already left your shores, could you also put one of each into the bag for me also.

Funny... You guys are pirates, but I keep ending up with all your gold... How does that happen? 

Don't worry, it's historically accurate for pirates to loose all their money to women and their wares. :lol:

Coastie :P

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Decisions, decisions... this or the Brandenburg coat... hmmm will just have to have both! :P

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Have both! We'll print more! :lol:

I just had an idea. I'm here in Brixham, UK with my digital camera. I'm going to be draping one of the new Great Coats on our own Mr. Foxe while I'm here. Would anyone be interested in seeing pictures of the process?

Well after seeing the photos that Mr (?) Foxe posted of you "somewhere else".... that would be fair................ :lol:

Kass went farb........ naynanaaaayah.......

I just can't say where the picture was posted........

Kass can post it if she chooses to do so......... :lol:

No way, Pat! I won't post it here! :o

And I would just like to state for the record that the Sheppey Pirates (under Mr. Foxe's fiendish direction no doubt) must have slipped mind-altering drugs into my period-appropriate drinking vessel and I am not to be held responsible for my actions. :huh: How they found a pair of boots that fit me so perfectly, I cannot say... :lol:

[i've been told it's all part of a massive conspiracy to ruin my reputation and bankrupt me so I can never return home to the States!]

But stay tuned... I'm not the only one who went farb that day. And I have pictures too! :lol:

Okay, Jack -- quick lesson in clothing making. There are two general ways to make a piece of clothing -- drafting and draping.

Drafting involves taking measurements, plotting those measurements on a piece of paper, making a pattern using those measurements, and cutting your cloth according to the pattern. It is the way most clothing is made nowadays. This is the way patterns are produced too. The downside is that the measurements make certain assumptions. For instance, if you have one shoulder that sits slightly higher than the other, the measurements won't show this.

Draping involves no measurements at all. You literally put the piece of fabric on the body, stitch it down, and cut away what isn't needed. Although a much older technique of clothing making, it really is the best because you are literally sewing the garment on the person who's going to wear it. Therefore asymetry and other flaws are taken into account. This is the way bespoke suits and haute couture garments are still made.

I'm literally going to hang pieces of canvas and wool on Foxe and baste the garment together as he stands there. The finishing work will be done in my lap, but the basic construction will be done on him as he patiently trusts me not to stick him with pins and needles too much. :lol:

You know, he really should have waited to post that picture until AFTER I draped his great coat... :lol:

Have both!  We'll print more!   :rolleyes:

I just had an idea.  I'm here in Brixham, UK with my digital camera.  I'm going to be draping one of the new Great Coats on our own Mr. Foxe while I'm here.  Would anyone be interested in seeing pictures of the process?

I have an idea turn this into a competion! Have severl period garb makers compete to make the best pirate garb. Call it Project Gangway!

:lol:

Seriously I'd love to see pics Kass.

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Okay kids! Yesterday I went hunting in Torquay and found a fabric store that was going out of business. I got the most wonderfully appropriate canvas twill for half price! So I'm ready to start draping Foxe's Great Coat at any time.

Today is a horrible rainy day and our plans for the evening have been thereby cancelled, so we're planning on starting the Great Coat drape tonite. Stay tuned!

I may start another thread...