My Costume project for PiP...

Jack Roberts

Well I only have 2 sets of garments left to make for our crew. I wanted to gloat a bit and post pics of them here. Any comment, remarks, and complaints welcome. Here we go.

Shana2.jpg

The fabric was a tan and brown (light brown) with a herringbone pattern. It was hand dyed to the greenish color you see. I did several tests in order to keep the zig zag pattern. Too long in the dye bath and you would lose the pattern and it would be solid green. Its faint but still visible. The fabric is a silk/ cotton blend. If memory serves me right, I think it was 60% silk/ 40% cotton. I lined with a 60% Linen/ 40% Cotton blend.

PANT- Are a 95% wool/ 5% spandex blend. (It was on slae at Jo Ann's) They were a dark green, distressed with Oyclean to bleah the color out. Oxyclean was the only thing that would not destory the fabric and still bleach the color.

Scarfs are a Cotton guaze, hand dyed and distressed.

Rob2.jpg

COAT - 100% Silk, originally a blend of orange pink and red threads, it was hand dyed to the maroon color you see. (That was 7.5 yards of fabric that was dyed.) Cuffs have a silk lining. The lininig is, I believe, 100% linen. I burn tested the fabric and I'm pretty sure is linen.

Waistcoat (Vest) - Was an upolestery fabric I hand dyed to the gray gran you see. I think its a poly/ cotton blend. The lining is also a 60% Linen/ 40% Cotton blend.

Pants - Also the 95% wool/ 5% spandex blend. Distressed and bleached with hydrogen peroxide.

Laruen3.jpg

WAISTCOAT - I think a cotton blend of some sort, with a linen/ rayon blend lining.

PANTS & SCARFS - Pants are a muslin that have been distressed and hand dyed to black. The scarfs are a cotton guaze also hand dyed.

Jason2.jpg

Waistcoat - Another upolstery fabric, that is a honeycomb pattern with yellow as the main treads and bluss as the secondary.

PANTS & SCARFS - Pants are a muslin that have been distressed and hand dyed. The scarfs are a cotton guaze also hand dyed.

Jana2.jpg

More to come...

hole2.jpg

More to come...

Crust2.jpg

More to come...

Brandi2.jpg

More to come...

I'm impressed. Your definitely a do'er please keep us posted. Theres a few things there I would like to have ., we could start with that coat and red waist coat. Good Show Man ! :P

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

I JEST LUV A MAN WHO CAN SEW! wub.gif

Ohhh... I'd watch it Rumba, my wife might have to run you through with her cutlass. :P She has been helping were she can.

he waistcoats look great, but why no pockets ?

I went cheap. Having to make 10 garments and everything else I just didn't wnat the hassle I guess. Maybe I could put some fake flaps on them to make them look like they have pockets.

Bet you'r hateing button holes by now...... laugh.gif

Ohhh... I am. At least I can use my machine to make them. I still don't like to go and mark out 15 button hole per vest, and I'm still not done yet I have to still do 4 more waistcoats.

I'm impressed. Your definitely a do'er please keep us posted. Theres a few things there I would like to have ., we could start with that coat and red waist coat. Good Show Man !

Well I'll keep you posted. We are considering starting a buisiness doing this. So just maybe........

Wow.. nice job! You and yer wife have obviously werked hard. I especially like the first set. I'm lookin for a waistcoat just like that. :wub:

A toast to ye both good job!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Impressive! Most impressive! ;);):wub:;)

I wish I could sew... ;)

I'm glad just having at least one garb...

One little point of critics: You used a rivit gun on the sword hanger for the boarding knife. Try with real rivits. It's not more difficult, but takes a quite greater look and is much more period. I rivited the complete scabbard of mine, after an american original, and it looks a lot nicer then the india made scabbard shipped with it.

Tally Ho,

Jack

I'm lookin for a waistcoat just like that.

That was a fun one to do. I would assume you mean this one.

Shana2.jpg

The fabric was a tan and brown (light brown) with a herringbone pattern. It was hand dyed to the greenish color you see. I did several tests in order to keep the zig zag pattern. Too long in the dye bath and you would lose the pattern and it would be solid green. Its faint but still visible. The fabric is a silk/ cotton blend. If memory serves me right, I think it was 60% silk/ 40% cotton. I lined woth a 60% Linen/ 40% Cotton blend. Maybe I should write a detailed desscrition of each garment. I think that is next. Just wait....

Rob2.jpg

Oooo... what lucky pirate gets to wear that outfit? Terrific colours and textures! I'm utterly jealous!!!

Ye be a wondrous tailor, Amanjiria! Piratically "bespoke", ye be!

Cheers, Hester

pirate-jenny-text.jpg

dancoat2.jpgdancoat1.jpg

(Thats me as the model.)

I just completed most of the constuction. I still have some triming and buttons to go on. I love this fabrc. I was making it for my wife and it ended up being to big. (I can wear it. So on to Kass' patterns for my wife. I so excited.) It really has some nice structure to it.

Well that's it for now I'm off to bed. Thanks everyone for commenting.

How can I NOT like that brown coat!!! Well done!!!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

My wife went to the Tybee Island Pirate Fest yesterday. (In Georgia) I was the forst test run of the garb. I just saw some pictures and they look great. I'll post a few when she gets home.

Remarkable effort! I really like the coat's color, visual texture and "hang", if you will.

You are really raising the bar for the rest of us rookies

Please keep up the awesome work and continue to share the progress.

Thanks! Having a project this big has helped me to get the hang of sewing. I have never used a sewing machine before I started. :angry: Having so many garments to do at once, you really learn fast. Sewing is a matter of doing over and over again, til you get the hang of it.

I' take some close ups of the fabric when I get the chance. They really are nice. Thanks again.

I'm lookin for a waistcoat just like that.

That was a fun one to do. I would assume you mean this one.

Shana2.jpg

OOh yes! I love that waistcoat! and the sash the color colors are fabulous!

The brown coat?.... Jumps up and down like a kid in a donut shop.."I waaaant one! I waaant one!! in THIS color

blu.jpg

:angry:

Kudos Aye!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

PiP is getting to look better all the time. And Patrick, you could have saved yourself all the trouble of research and authenticity. No one will notice either one of us.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

All those women, are you sure you're not making an X-rated movie?

Hahaha.... I think i'll pass on that one. :blink:

PiP is getting to look better all the time. And Patrick, you could have saved yourself all the trouble of research and authenticity. No one will notice either one of us.

Sorry to steal your thunder guys. Hope your not upset. Hey Patrick aren't you camping in the fort? If so I'd like to stop by and meet you in person. Let me know. Laters

PS I just knew the girls would get all the attention. No one has complimented the coat. :lol:

By the way my wife is the one one the right.

By the way my wife is the one one the right.

Fortunate Fellow! although I do not envy you the task of keeping the other crewes at bay... :o

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/