Pirate Costumes for Auction

hurricane

The movie folks are sellling off second tier costumes from the live action movie, Peter Pan. I have Smee's stuff and it is first class - hand stitched even. Who'd have thought.

Yes, it may not be historically correct, but it's nice. A bit pricey, but the are selling whole outfits.

Check it out at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Halloween-by-Hollywoodvault3

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Can't afford anything at the moment, but it's all nice stuff.....

I saved all the pictures for future reference, though.....

nice that they're complete costumes

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

so, hurricane, any chance you'll post pics of Smee's stuff?

and if you don't mind, how'd ya come across it? (I'm guessing you worked on the film?)

I'd also like to see Hook's garb, ESPECIALLY the black "Travelling Coat" and hat.......

"Disobediant Monkeys will be shot, Disobediant Undead Monkeys will be shot repeatedly until morale improves"

"They Says Cap'n Alva went funny in the head and turned to Cannibalism while marooned on a peninsula."- Overheard in a nearby camp

The same company auctioned off the principals wear about three months ago. I have the shirt, socks, hat , coat and pants for Smee. The pants are really something - wool, handstitched. They weigh about five pounds. But they are nicely crafted. I'll try to get a photo of them up here.

-- Hurricane

They are nice pieces, and not too out of line with what I spent for full outfits from Cutthroat Island... of course, PotC auctions can't be too far away. Disney originally auctioned off Jack's outfit just after the first movie came out.

-- Hurricane

• Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

Yeah, I remember those auctions......horrible frenzy.......I've researched it, and it isn't too hard to put Jack's costume together, there's nothing on there that's impossible to find.......and with Convention costumers trying their hardest to turn a buck, many elements are getting easier......though, some still want outrageous amounts......

I'm glad they haven't affected the Antique Liquor Bottle and Trade Bead market much though.....I collect 'em, and wouldn't want to have to pay more than I already am, for some of the more desirable styles......I think that's more to do with the fact that the PRIMARY POTC fan is 14 year old girls, who lack disposable income that someone with a College Education, and a career in their field pulls in......though, there are fans of every description, and I don't knock 'em.....

Can't wait to see your pics......I've always wanted a full costume from a film....either an accurate reproduction, or the real thing.......and I have a VERY big place in my heart for Smee......I've loved the story since I was a kid, and he is without a doubt one of my favorite fictional pirates.......

I love films, but I also love re-enacting, and I TRY to keep them separate......while I can find pieces for any film costume I might need, at a Living History Event, when I get home, I keep things separate......I'm making a Jack costume......I will never wear it at an event though, it's for my pirate bar......and won't even fit me anyway, because I'm a lot more rotund than Johnny Depp.........I put on weight when I quit smoking, and I love to drink.......so, things probably won't change anytime soon....though I do want to lose the weight I put on when I quit......

I have most of my Cutthroat Islands up on my site...

http://piratesofthecoast.com/artifacts/index.html

As I said, I'll try to get the newer things added to that page.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

• Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny