Tricorn help?

I am looking for instructions for steaming a felt blank into a tricorn. I just ordered a black blank from Jas. Townsend website I just hope it fits if not ill still cock it up for the learn experiance at least.

Also anyone know how to make a cockade and to trim the brim?

P.S. I did try to search but i couldnt get anything for tricorn the search shot me back an error.

Tora,

You don't need steam at all to turn a hat blank into a cocked hat (tricorn), just some string or lacing. Check out the thread Mick posted. I think someone gives hat cocking instructions there.

Kass

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

You don't need steam at all to turn a hat blank into a cocked hat (tricorn), just some string or lacing. 

Tora,

Kass is right. If you can get the shape you want by tacking the brim to the side of the hat, you may not need to steam at all. But if you want to shape it further, or if you're using a heavy blank, like the bigger one Townsend sells, you might have to, or you could end up with a 'cracked' brim. Also, you mentioned a problem searching. Try this search result...lots of threads on tricorns and steaming, etc....

More Threads

The Dread Pyrate MacAnselan

aka Mick