Shoes from Fugawee

Rateye

Ok, now I know I already started a post about when I got my 1st shippment from Fugawee.

I ordered the Franklin and the Concord and they were both too big, so I sent them back and then they were just a bit too tight.

Let's face it folks, unless you send em a cut out, your just geussing. But after the second shippment being too tight, I explained I had an event and they said they would simply send another TWO pairs of each so I could return the two I didn't want at my leasure.

Liz at Fugawee, said she just wanted me to have what I needed for my event...

That's what I call customer service folks!

They didn't even charge me for shipping, only for a pair of socks I wanted.

Now I'm torn between which one I like better...

So if nothing else folks, I just wanted to pass the word about a company that really took care of a fella who just wanted to get a good pair of shoes for playin' pirate.

Hope you don't mind!

Rats

P.S I'll let you know if they kill my feet after Saturday at Bristol!!

AAAArgh!

Hi Rateye,

Well, good to hear that Fugawee took good care of you! It's always nice to know that there is still a sutler that will work with you and go the extra mile for you!

As for your new leather shoes. Most leathers have a tendency to loosen a bit with wear. So may I suggest you walk about the house with them on for a couple hours each day to loosen them up. I seemed to have managed this with my 1700s slippers. It works.

And it's best to break them in a little before a full day at the faire...or your dogs will be barking!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

I couldn't agree more!

Still a tough decision though about which I want.

For those that arn't familiar, the franklin is leather lined and a finer more durable make, only a bit more stiff on the edges. (might rub more?) amd more of a shiny finish. Very nice!

The condord feels more like a pair of brogans. Very basic, not lined simple craftmanship. (Almost already broken in?) and a more subdued leather.

perhaps I will try to keep both and risk penalty of death???

we will see?

Rats