Wigs

Gyp The Blood

Does anyone know where to get a quality, period(-ish) wig?

I don't mean a long-haired wig, I have long hair already. But rather, long flowing curls like those also worn in the Victorian era and by English judges.

Someone knows what I mean, right?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. -- Mark Twain

Excellent! Thank you both!

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates. -- Mark Twain

I'd just like to say, $125 for a human hair wig is Outstanding. I am not sure what "style" you want but here is another human hair wig for comparison.

http://www.wigfx.co.nz/human-hair-wigs.htm

The ones from Extreme wig can be found at a lot of places on the net. Just type in "French King Wig" in google...

ah hell just look here

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=French...e&lmode=unknown

I am in the processing of adding a wig page to my site... I'll let you know when its up.

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

• 5 weeks later...

This is another site with rather realistic looking wigs... but again high in price.... http://www.atelier-bassi.ch/English/Welcom...ome/Welcome.htm

you can also google in Allonge or Full bottomed wigs... I've already spoken to the wig maker at Williamsburg regarding later style wigs, will speak to them again for the earlier.... but they tie their wigs completely by hand... should be well in the thousands.... but I'll let you know the results any way.

Hector

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 2 years later...

Well, I called and left a message...but no response. If she calls back, I'll let you know.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Unfortunately I'm not allowed long hair at my job so I had to make up something to fit in at PiP. I picked up a human hair 'weft' on eBay for about $10 and made up these wigs for myself. The color match, although not gray enough, was pretty close to my real hair. You can see one of them on me in my profile pictures.

I figured that this is a good thread to post this in...

2435099230_004552a8b0.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

:o

I have actually been thinkin' of growin' me own!! But this would be much more faster!!

Ever since I saw them in the series The Buccaneers I thought "I can get away with that in cor-pirate life!"

...hmm, $20 plus shipping 'n a lock o' me own hair eh?

still gonna grow me own thou :o

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Unfortunately I'm not allowed long hair at my job so I had to make up something to fit in at PiP. I picked up a human hair 'weft' on eBay for about $10 and made up these wigs for myself. The color match, although not gray enough, was pretty close to my real hair. You can see them on in my profile pictures.

I figured that this is a good thread to post this in...

2435099230_004552a8b0.jpg

:ph34r:

I actually had no idea that wasn't your real hair, Iron John! Nice work!

Well, she got back in touch with me last night, so all is well with Madame Joan. Seemed like a nice woman. Not knowing your relationship, I asked after you Blackjohn, but she didn't recognize your name. She did ask me to thank you for referring her, though.

Now I must get to cutting off a bit of my hair in the back so the queue matches and send it to her. I'm going to go with a leather tie. It'll match my leather apron. :ph34r: (Mary/Donna, I have found a solution to the wig issue! A nice easy one, I think.)

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” -Oscar Wilde

"If we all worked on the assumption that what is accepted is really true, there would be little hope of advance." -Orville Wright

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

Thanks for the update Misson. My only contact with her was an attempt via email, which she never responded to. I chalked it up to system failure, but didn't pursue matters further via telephone, which fortunately for you seems to have worked.

I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the queued you.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Here's the inside of one of the wigs. Actually they were pretty 'cool' to wear too; not being as heavy as a regular full wig. The bandanna worked double as a sweatband.

You can still wear your favorite hat without having to buy a bigger size too!

2435101686_2bd485ff00.jpg

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)