Pirate "puffy" shirt

I ran into a guy who wearing the infamous "puffy" shirt as featured on the Seinfeld TV series. He was really surprised that I wanted to know where he got it, as exactly ZERO men ask him where he got the shirt.

Anyway, it is available from International Male, and is called the Ultimate Poets Shirt-- priced at $69.99. Makes a great pirate shirt (which was the running gag of that TV episode), but purests beware: it is a historically non-authentic acetate/rayon blend.

Incidentally, if you purchase the newest Seinfeld boxed DVD set, it comes with a miniature puffy shirt. It would only fit an eight-inch-tall pirate, however.

Also on the International Male website is the Swashbuckler Shirt -- a steal at $44.99.

Anyone looking for last-minute Chrsitmas ideas for me, now you know where to look....

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg

I have the shirt - it looks great. But it is more of a captain look than an ordinary pirate look - it needs equally fancy pants and coat to accent it. It is not period correct in material, but a heavier weave would have made it less elegant in terms of how it looks.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 2 weeks later...

well i have a snowbank just outside the door and a roaring fire inside you could cool-off and then come inside and get nice and warm ;)

would hate to see anything important freeze to injury :P strictly as a humanitarian gesture ...come sit by the fire and have have some spiced rum lass B)

Why thank you sir! I think I may just do one thing...

*proceeds to make a snow angel in yonder snowbank*

I'd very much enjoy a cup of spiced rum, and your company next to a crackling fire. :)

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

No need to worry...I'll keep it mum.

My...this spiced rum is *hiccup* good... B)

I'm in the mood for a game of poker, how 'bout you?

Btw...what shall I call yeh, callenish gunner, callenish, gunner, cal?

Aaaawh....callenish gunner how sweet......

See Chivalry isn't dead......

'elpin' a poor cold almost neeked wench out wit' 'ot spiced rum....... :huh:

An now she wants ter be playin' poker (wink wink) see goodness be it's own reward ............ :ph34r:

lol Patrick...

And I am not almost nek...

oh. :ph34r:

I'll be callin' no one any colorful metaphors, unless they're meant to get a rise out of yeh. :ph34r:

Could I get another tankard of spiced rum sir?

*slides over...smiles and commences puppy dog eyes*

What woman is looking at the clothes? :o:o

I have to agree with Rumba :o Did any one happen to catch E entertainments top 20 Fashion dos and don'ts. It said that the puffy sleeve shirt was a a fashion don't, and dosen't look good on anyone. I wanted to raise my hand and say excuse me little miss fashion expert but I pictures that say other wise. BTW the leather pants in the last link don't look have bad either!! ;):rolleyes::o

Kendra2.jpg

"Courage is the decision to fly straight into the flame while knowing the consequences"~ The Adventures Of A Notorious Youth Capt. Hook

By: J. V. Hart

"A good traveler has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving."~Lao Tzu 490-570 BC

---------

Yes, I am leaving the pub. I don't know when or if I will come back to this port. I will check in from time to time. Until then:

*raising goblet of good cheer*

" To high adventure, and wild romance....long may they endure!"

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content

Philippians 4:11

Twitter:

TwittKnitter

Facebook:

shanamartin1

I must be taking yer quotes wrong...cuz my mind just went somewheres else... :ph34r:

You interpreted the statements correctly (especially since I cannot figure out any OTHER way to interpret them).

But, if you please, back to the Puffy Shirt for just one minute ...

My son gave me one for Xmas. I don't have it yet, as International Male is out of stock... I got a home-made printed coupon from him, and am awaiting delivery.

I'll give you details when it arrives. My nine-inch pirate is simply quivering with excitement. (I wonder what the hell THAT means?)

Okay Callenish and Kendra... back to you guys.

04de8cfe.jpg

"He's a Pirate dancer, He dances for money, Any old dollar will do...

"He's a pirate dancer, His dances are funny... 'Cuz he's only got one shoe! Ahhrrr!"

FH1040.jpg