Women's frock coats

Biker

I spoke with this lass last spring Escondido faire, and she claims her faire prices are lower then her web prices, but if you take delivery at the faire she will give you the lower price. check out the winterfield cot and the Quartermain coat

Samiah frock coats

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

Samiah's coats are very beautiful and made from some of the finest brocades. Well worth the money spent for such a coat.

That said, her coats are too heavy for the faires I attend here in Arizona, no matter the time of year. I've yet to find a merchant who will make a coat with the lighter weight brocades as it is very difficult to work with.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Wow! Those are very pricey.

My mate Diosa just about fell over at the prices. She does almost the same coat as her Quartermain coat, but more historically correct. I think there are better deals out there.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

The general consensus of those of us who know Samiah and her work will tell you as nice as they are, they are waaaaaayyyy over priced.

Yes, they are extremely heavy, far too heavy for any faires/events here in S. Calif. unless it's an extremely cold day...which are far and few.

I know the woman and have looked closely at her work. It's well done, but I've seen better for cheaper.

Rumba,

could ya perhaps post some links or PM me with details?? Im looking to get one for the house wench.

" Never knock on Heaven's door. Ring the bell and run. He hates that"

' Whatever is not nailed down is MINE. Whatever I can pry loose, is not nailed down."

I am kind of curious what is meant by a woman's frock coat.

Women had clothing that was similar to mens' in some regard (Kass has posting a picture of her in her womens riding/hunting outfit somewhere on these pages...)

But if you mean a spacific "woman's" justaucorps, I am not so sure.

Now, it is established that women dressed as men as a disguise, but the point is that they wanted to "hide" their identity (the fact that they were women) so they were wearing men's clothing to pass themselves off as a man.

We could go round and around on the appropriateness of a justaucorps for a woman pertending to be a sailor, but if she wants to be a "pirate", wearing mens clothing, or clothing that would be appropriate for a man/sailor would be fine.

But if your purpose is to dress her up as a port side doxy, wench, harlot, then women's clothing of the period would be appropriate. I think there are several threads around here that discuss everything form corsetts and stays to petticoats and mantuas.

What specific look did you have in mind?

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!