Hat Blank

Pirate Petee

Village Hat Shop

429 Shoreline Village Dr Ste A

Long Beach, CA 90802-8119

(562) 624-1141

Village Hat Shop

While yer in the vicinity, have yer friend stop by the Pirate's Cove as well in the same shopping center. Both will validate yer parking.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Ok mates I need your help again, my friend needs a hat for the upcoming pirate fair. I was wondering if any of you southern californian pirates might know localy of a place where we could pick up a blank felt hat.

http://jas-townsend.com/product_info.php?c...products_id=249

cheaper than anywhere me friend

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a knife in your back.

I looked at the Townsend blanks for myself, but got mine from this fine lady instead: http://www.snoods.com/hats.html. Like the Townsend version, it is a nice felt blank with a 4.5 to 5" brim. I did a faux tar pitch finish and I'm very pleased with the results. Hers are just a few bucks cheaper; $25.00 including shipping. I'm very very pleased with mine.

I do, however, understand his uneasiness with ordering online.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious. Why? Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks to me that Captain Jack is cocking a hat and charging you $60 to do it. If so, I think I'm in the wrong business.

It just so happens I was in Dirty Billy's shop yesterday. His prices are high, but it seems to me you get more for your money. He even has castor hats! I was in awe!

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

John,

I had an e-mail discussion with Captain Jack a few months ago, and he does really know about hats, the hat making process, and the history of the tricorn.

I think though, that most "hat makers" are buying felt hoods or hat blanks, and stretching them to size/shape, tacking them up and VIOLA, $100 hat!

Captain Jack will (for additional fee) add a "period style" water proofing to the hat.

Personally, I think that people are better off making their own hats.

I see that JAS Townsand has a

Fur Felt Tricorn for $95

OR you could just buy the fur felt hat blank for $65.

Dirty Billy's are mighty fine though... always wanted one of his cowboy hats when I was into Wild West re-enacting....

Here are some of his 18th C stuff

tMVC-011S.jpgtMVC-029S.jpgtMVC-005S.jpg

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!