Wenches' frock coat?

Demon Cat

I'd like a nice frock, the sort with great big cuffs and some good swish in back. I'd also like it to fit half decently. Sure, I know plundered coat would always fit the wearer very well, but I don't care. I've lots of nice things for men on the web, my favorite being Audrey Carol's. But, other than getting it in different sizes, WYSIWYG.

I've get a bad feeling that making one is may be the only course. My entire sewing expirience consists of a chemise and two skirts of questionable quality for Renn faire and the idea of a well-tailored coat is a bit daunting. Should I even attempt this with minimal skills?

I did. I had never sewed before and I bought the Jack Sparrow pattern and sewed it all up. Im quite pleased with the results. Now Im currently sewing a wench outfit. The cuffs did give me a wee bit of trouble But it was really easy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

You learn a lot by doing it yourself. However depending on what size you wear can have a lot to do with trying to figure out how much material you'll need.

Honestly, try to stay away from the velvets for a first time try. Try a simple cotton that's sturdy, like duct.

I believe Patrick Hand lives up in Northern Calif. and can probably help you out with the coat. Send him a PM.