Traditional GAOP Frock Coats ?

Lets see, below is a series of links that I have collected.

http://www.centerstagecostumes.com/Catalog...og/FrameCAT.htm

http://www.dresslikeapirate.com/scart/inde...0dac203bae8e7d2

http://69.94.19.253/Merchant2/merchant.mvc...ory_Code=Pirate

I had some others but can't find the links right now, but it should be noted I got mine from Carlisles, I and had it in less than a week.

Criminy, that one from LeatherWorks sets all kinds of avaricious fires alight within me.

though at $770.00 (that's about $1200.00 down here) it's more than every other piece of clothing I own, this computer and all my books put together.

And someone who DID have that kind of money just laying around probably wouldn't have the taste to wear it!

I can't tell for sure, but the velvet used by Leatherworks looks like the rayon stuff, not cotton velvet. Call them and ask what kind of velvet they are using. You don't want that rayon stuff! Great for stage and TV, not for regular wear. Rayon is too shiny and anything against it will rub the velvet off or leave impressions that won't go away.

However, the prices are not unreasonable considering the work involved.

Yup, those shipping charges will kill you! :huh:

Thanks again Killian.... Aye Nomadicalpirate, that Leatherworks frock does look nice, but I don't think I be want'n a velvet coat personally. I be lookin for traditional materials in a coat, but not so aristocratic lookin.

I appreciate all o yer help indeed, Killian. I really like that frock from centerstagecostumes.com. The red one that ol' Silverbeard be wearin. Not too frilly. That be more o what I be lookin for. Grammercy an the utmost grattitude for yer help !

I appreciate all o yer help indeed, Killian. I really like that frock from centerstagecostumes.com. The red one that ol' Silverbeard be wearin. Not too frilly. That be more o what I be lookin for. Grammercy an the utmost grattitude for yer help !

I have actually kicked around the idea of getting the Gunners Jacket from Center Stage Costume, but I ended up getting the Calico Jack from Carlisles. Though I may still sometime get the Gunners Jacket.

Thank ye HarborMaster. I really liked that frock from Kristi Smart. Though I might be needin to ask her if'n she could make one to fit ol' Cut. Don't think I could fit into a XXXXL. I'd be swimmin for certin. I could fit me'self as well as a deck cannon in that thing. But I definately like the style of it.

Killian, I also had me eye on that Gunner's Jacket. It be a fine selection. Would be perfect for when it be too hot for the frock coat. I also saw a vest package from Authentic Wardrobe that was pretty nice, but pricey, pricey, pricey !

Just give her your chest size and waist size .,she'll do the rest.

I am expecting a coat Tuesday or Wednesday from Kristi., her standard Frock with my own personal designed cuffs. Tho we are 1200 miles apart I have great confidence in her., I am sure she did very well with my sleeve and cuff requirement added to her coat.

I will post when I get it.

Her coats are pretty reasonable for the buck and they are a heavy duty denim. You can get pretty loose in these and they will take it.

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

HarborMaster, I can't wait to hear yer reaction once ye get it. I hope it be everythin ye wanted. Ye think she would be inclined to use a different material if'n I were to request it ?....Who knows ? I might have to just ask her me'self. But none the less, thank ye for yer input. I appreciate all the help I can get. I was tired o happenin upon all o the junk sites : thin, floppy costume coats, with skull n' crossbones embroidered on em'. The worst example I found was one with " PIRATE " actually written on it. What a headache !

Aaaaaaaargh..... sorry..... but I still say, check out Gentalman of Fortunes page...... he has a tailors pattern of a Justicourp (period Coat) .... make it yer self..... (it will be so much better than a "costume shop" costume...... (note: I work in a costume shop.... and I do know period..... but the details to make it "right" are expensive....... just take your time.... make it yourself.... and you will end up with something so happly unique..........................)

Sorry... I will keep up with the "Make it yourself" " learn how to sew...... " because I firmly beleave that is the way do it.........

Thanks for the vote of confidence Patrick! I have a lot to add to the site and when i return "home" from my visit to the states, i will add to the clothing pages.

I have been working on a short jacket and will post info on construction details (or at least how I interpret the thumbnails sized pictures of period paintings).

IF you after fantasy "garb" or just want to go to a festival, there seem to be plenty of folks making the coat from SIMPLICITY's pattern 4923 That should fit the bill for you.

Good luck

GoF

Come aboard my pirate re-enacting site

http://www.gentlemenoffortune.com/

Where you will find lots of information on building your authentic Pirate Impression!

I thank ye kindly Patrick Hand and Gentleman of Fortune. I would love to be able to tailor me very own period frock coat, an I appreciate the help immensly. But due to me extremely demandin job, an me lack o the necessary equipment, I'm forced to huntin for one an buyin it. Thank ye again for the link Patrick, I enjoyed study'n it for future referrences. An thank ye again as well Gentleman of Fortune. The pattern schematic was great !

Not to worry Cut-Throat., many a guvner' and or other rich type had good tailors back in the day (thats why things were made with such wonderful style) . My coat aint no deck swabbers rag.

These people of course are who pirates stole their frocks from., and better is better. So guard your frock well ! Get a good sea service pistol ta go with it. :lol:

:P;);)

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Aahh HarborMaster, I long for the "good ol days". Nowadays if'n I were to steal a rich man's clothes, I'd end up with a pink golf shirt an some knitted sweater. Har, har, har !

Patrick, will do matey ! I just printed out the pattern an I am lookin for a good seamstress/seamster in me area. I recently moved to El Cerrito, California. It be near San Francisco. I still need to learn the area a bit more. Work be tyin me down from venturin around these parts.

Holy mackeral.,a fin flappin flounder youd be for sure!

I never thought of that., If you pirated clothes today it is possible you may end up looking like Tiger Woods. Shoot imagine tryin to look cool commandeering a golf cart in a pair of plaid pants?

If you take Mr. Hands advice you'll end up with a Kick-Butt coat for sure.

Buttons., Buttons., do a little homework there., they can be spendy. so keep a sharp eye'.

Killian matey, these frocks be incredible. A bit up there in price, but their material an style be what gets me goin. I love it. I originally wanted somethin in twill, but now I be seriously reconsiderin for velvet. Thanks again !