What I did with my hat blank

Rumba Rue

Well here it is, a hat blank turned into a work of art. I trimmed the edges of the brim because they weren't even. I actually sewed the large trim around the brim, but the rest I had to use Fabric-tac. I'm using 4 good size hat pins to hold the brim in place. I took them out to put the feathers on, and the brim held the shape pretty well while I was working on it.

The fancy pins all came from my recent trip to Las Vegas, guady, but great.

Hat

Wow! what a LID! :P

Now --thats sumpin spectacular--That ain't no hat. That be a work of art!

A sorta Pirates of Vegas look. Add that on top of yer frock coat and --well, clear the mantle for more awards!

(BTW, is the glade an ingredient or just an accessory? just kiddin')

Never give up--Never surrender!

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

Live while yer alive--an' when yore dead be done with it!

Thank you all.

I had a really hard time trying to decide what to do with the hat. It sat around for quite some time (gathering cat hair) while I thought about it.

I had just enough of that wide trim left to do the hat with.

I'm sure I'll wear it with other garb besides the coat.

Oh and getting the cat hair off- (can't figure out how it got on it as it was up and away from them) was a pain in the ass. :lol:

I've decided, after looking at some of your creations for as long as I've been at the pub, if ever I get up enough loot to have an outfit custom made, you dear lady will be my first choice of tailors.

I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning. To me it smells like....PIRACY!

Aye Im thinking of splurging on a hat blank myself..Im unsure what to use for trim and decoration but yours is truly a most exquisite piece. Thanks for sharing Rumba.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

I've decided, after looking at some of your creations for as long as I've been at the pub, if ever I get up enough loot to have an outfit custom made, you dear lady will be my first choice of tailors.

I would be honored Sir. 12.gif