Stormfeather's new garb

Ah lassie, that be one beautiful coat! :huh:

Costumin' is such an addiction. Ye no sooner finish one project when yer off and workin' on t'next. :blink:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Very good!

Aye, you'll find cotton velvet much better. Back in the winter months, JoAnne's fabrics had a wonderful wine colored cotton velvet, that was really tempting....but I still have a few projects yet to do.

Rumba Rue

** :blink: **

Thanks all for the compliments!

I had to stare at the velvet for about a week before I dared cut into it! It wasn't difficult to sew, but it has crushed in places with only two wearins'!!!

A lightweight twill fabric would probably be better for Faire wear.

Summers do get HOT here in Portlandia. Summer is only July-September though!

I originally was going to use a hook and eye closure, but decided that the lacing made it more "pirate like".

For those looking for boning. The new Townsend's catalog has rubber coated and tipped steel boning cut to size. link to JAS Townsend online

I just used the fabric store variety in this jacket.

Stormfeathersiggycopy.jpg

Aye, that be a fine job ye did. It seems I need to plunder ye local fabric merchant for said pattern. However, I must hide it from me mate. I be spendin all his treasure. :blink:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Fantastic coat., the design is great., (love the cuffs)

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"