What the smartly dressed piratess is wearing...

kass

• 2 weeks later...

As beautiful as the wearer. Lovely work! BB

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

• 6 months later...

Stunning, Kass! (the Dress is nice too! j/k) I Was wondering if you knew of a site that sells either premade garments, or patterns for Full Figured and very Busty Ladies? My wife would really like to participate with me, but is having problems finding constume articles.

- 10 Fathoms Deep on the Road to Hell... Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum...

I do, in fact, Deadeye. I sell patterns for the stuff I make for myself (I wear the prototypes) and my sizes run to 26 for ladies (48" bust) and include instructions for modifying them for larger sizes. You can see our current selection by clicking the link in my signature.

We don't current produce pirate patterns, but we do Elizabethan and Jacobean patterns that she might like. We have a number of Full Figured customers. And the new "Golden Age of Piracy" will debut next Feburary. B)

logo10.gif.aa8c5551cdfc0eafee16d19f3aa8a579.gif

Building an Empire... one prickety stitch at a time!

We don't current produce pirate patterns, but we do Elizabethan and Jacobean patterns that she might like. We have a number of Full Figured customers. And the new "Golden Age of Piracy" will debut next Feburary.

Perfect. Thank you much. She would love the Jacobean patterns. I will pass them on to her

And I am lucky to have bumped into you with my swollen elbow all those years ago! :huh: Thank you for letting me play with you guys, even though I am useless with practical things like work... :huh:

Demon Cat, yes. The Hunting Outfit will be included. I promise to post a link here on the forum as soon as I have cover art to show.

How accurate was Émilie Dequenne (Marianne de Morangias)'s post-Seven Year's War hunting outfit in BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237534/

paktderwoelfe_bild3.jpg

For one who obviously has wealth, you think that she could have afforded a left-handed gun...some look at clothes I look at the guns. The outfit is beautiful, though.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

How accurate was Émilie Dequenne (Marianne de Morangias)'s post-Seven Year's War hunting outfit in BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF?

paktderwoelfe_bild3.jpg

For one who obviously has wealth, you think that she could have afforded a left-handed gun...some look at clothes I look at the guns. The outfit is beautiful, though.

Some look at the clothes. Some look at the guns...

...I look at the woman.

The outfit and gun are nice as well.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

QUOTE (Captain Jim @ Sep 28 2005, 02:25 PM)

QUOTE (Story @ Sep 28 2005, 04:02 PM)

...I look at the woman.

There's an outfit and gun in this picture??

Superb work, Kass.

Just about finished with my hand sewn gentleman's coat. The only exception is that I had the buttonholes machine sewn on by a seamstress. One can only have so much patience trying to hand sew 35 buttonholes!!!

Yours, &c.

Mike

Try these for starters- "A General History of the Pyrates" edited by Manuel Schonhorn, "Captured by Pirates" by John Richard Stephens, and "The Buccaneers of America" by Alexander Exquemelin.

...I look at the woman.

Aye, 'tis. Aw bloody 'ell, leave all us scalywags admit it: thar be not one thing wrong in that scene...huntin'...fyne woman...fyne gun...fyne clothes...

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

One can only have so much patience trying to hand sew 35 buttonholes!!!

Well, Mike, I've never been mistaken for someone with patience. But I think one of the reasons I got into this period is that I love doing hand buttonholes. I'd better! There are about 100 on Bob's 1680s jacket! :(

great work ye should be proud... its too much clothing for me but then again i've always been simple.

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

Thank you, Mary. It's a lot of bleedin' clothing, that's for sure. Sweated all damned day and it wasn't that hot!

To answer someone's earlier question about the hunting outfit in The Brotherhood of the Wolf, I have to admit that I saw the movie before I started studying this picture so I don't remember if the clothing was right or not. From the photo posted, it looks spot on. But I can't see much of her outfit. It's a later hunting costume than what I was wearing (c 1750s? Mine is 1693) but the actress looks absolutely lovely in it!

see the bleedin hot thing is why i abandoned my first floor length black brocade dress woof to warm!

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff