Question for those who made their own sashes

On one I used a rolled hem stitch. On the other I just folded it over twice and straight stitched it. My sashes are fairly wide, so I fold them over once or twice, it makes a nice pocket and hides those edges.

The Duchess

On one I used a rolled hem stitch. On the other I just folded it over twice and straight stitched it. My sashes are fairly wide, so I fold them over once or twice, it makes a nice pocket and hides those edges.

The Duchess

Yea, what she said.

I do similar, but usually just fold the rough edge of the material over once or twice and do a flat stich.

Rumba Rue

** :lol: **

I took a yard and a half of nice fabric, cut it in half lengthways, sewed the two lengths together, then hemmed the edges, folded it in half lengthways, sewed it together, then top-stitched the folded edge.

it is just a touch short for a sash, but it will last forever! :lol:

Captain_Sigart.jpg

Captain of the Iron Lotus

It is the angle that holds the rope, not the size of the hole.

You could also take a length of fabric twice as wide as you want the sash. The double it over "right sides together" and basically flat stitch a long bag and turn it right side out to finish.

The Duchess

• 4 weeks later...

I put the rough edges togther, fold them over once and sew a double stright stitch. After that I just turn them inside out and that takes care of seeing rough edges. For the ends I fould them under and pin whatever fringe, then just hand stitch it in place.

To put one togther I think it takes me all of 45 minutes (counting cutting and hand sewing) but mine are only about 5" wide.