Brand New - Frock Coat Bodice for sale

I'm selling a brand new never worn plus size frock coat bodice that I bought but then decided just wasn't quite right.

The Frock Coat Bodice features a low-cut, front lacing skirted bodice (the skirting is in panels, to create a full-circle effect - VERY full with no bulk at the waist) with contrasting trim at the wide cuffs, and pullback corners at the front base of the skirting. The Frock Coat Bodice laces at the front through grommets, and you can see similar pictures at

http://www.verymerryseamstress.com/pirates.htm

the coat for sale is made with black cotton velvet, black and red brocade, no trim, and lovely gold buttons with clear gems as the cuffs, turnbacks, and on the back right at the waist. It was made to fit bust 52", and waist 44", but since it laces up there is some flexibility with that.

I'm selling this amazing coat at cost to me ($175), but all reasonable offers will be considered.

You can email me for more information at

ajmargolis@yahoo.com

Hopefully yes.

Since there isn't trim on it, you can bet I will remedy that -LOL!

I may change some other things too, it's a great beginning to some terrific ideas I have for it.

Rumba Rue

** :) **

Update as of Jan.3 :

Terms have been agreed upon, and it should be mine shortly.

Tis a costly piece, but I know how much cotton velvet and good brocades go for nowadays (I also checked out the site where the coat was made very thoroughly- wow some of the most incredible brocades I've ever seen!), so I know the coat is worth the price, which by the way with postage came damn close to $200.00! Yikes! :P

More rum.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ye Lilly-livered flower (heheeehee), good ta see yer butt here!

Anyways, I got the coat today. It's a perfect fit, except for one problem,

the arms are too short!

It's just not going to work as a bodice at all. So I'm planning on covering the grommets and putting clasps there so the coat can be removed. It's just too hot here at our events to be wearing a velvet anything for too long.

I will be making some other definate changes to it, and definately needs trim. The buttons just aren't right at all, must change.

I was a bit dismayed to see that only the top, not the sleeves, nor the skirting has any kind of lining.

I personally would have done quite a few things differently so that the item would be worth the money. But now that I have it, I can use it as a pattern and make them better and more worth the money!

I'll take before and after pictures.

Rumba Rue

** ;) **

Greetings ye scalliwag mates!,

Furstlee, ye velvet coat Rumba, whatever ye makes of it, will be fine indeed...with yer creative ways dear one! I cannot waite ta see it on ye or whatever lucky one gits ta wears it! Secondly, I been sneakin' 'round in these here Pyracy pub waters fer a few weks now..and likes what I sees.... cause PIP and the Florida crewe of Capt Hurricane and First Mate Animal..with Sir Nigel and sweet Paisely be just way too fine not to mention at every opportunity!Thirdly, bein' as this here is way too stinkin' long a note, and I be thirsty, I loves ya and sees ya sooner than ya thinks....at a certain costume party.... what to wear?uhm...

Miss ya me Black hearted Pearl... loves yer, ah picture of a manikin?

p.s. I don't puts a link to any pyrate groups I may belongs to on my signature here....but others do... ?is it kosher-deli ^_^ ?

Pyracy in all it's Glory,

Yers,

D.L.

aka DurtyLaFey

member of a few crewes....but that be a personal question.