Footwear for petite pirates?

Zath Chauvert

Hello, I'm trying to put together a pirate costume for Halloween and Ren Faires, but footwear is a bit of a sticking point for me. Can anyone suggest some places that sell square-toed boots for smaller than average pirates, preferably boots that don't cost a hook and a peg leg? My feet aren't super tiny for a woman, but in men's sizes they're only 5 1/2s. So far, all the websites selling affordable pirate boots that I have found only go down to around size 7 for their masculine styles. I would really appreciate it if some could point me in the proper direction.

I sympathize - I'm a men's 7, which is pretty borderline as far as availability goes. I can't even imagine the difficulties of finding men's styles in 5 1/2.

Renboots isn't exactly cheap, but they do offer sizes as low as 5, and appear to be high quality.

Champion Attitude can make any size you want, but they aren't cheap either. And customers I've spoken with have had mixed experiences with these guys, ranging from extreme satisfaction to extreme disappointment (you can read about my own experience with CABoots at Bilgemunky.com.)

SCA Boots offers some more affordable boots, but the pair I looked at only goes as low as size 6. Still, that's only a half size off, so maybe it's in the ballpark for you.

Good luck in your search!

I AM BILGEMUNKY

good luck mate i have a problem finding boots too my legs are a bit hard to fit for most boots

But why is the rum gone?

Save a horse ride a cowboy!

Take me away and take me farther, suround me now and hold me like holy

My toes are getting pruney

Also my head is round that window is square....

My name is Micheal J Kabous and i eat babies!

Your toast has been burned and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff

• 2 weeks later...

I gotta go with Bilge Monkey on his analysis., The Champion is a superior Boot with a superior price., I love my boots., however I too had problems.,

1. There a very Hard boot in the sole (Steel Re-inforced)

2. I ordered a low heel (still too tall 1 1/4 Heel)

3. Tight in width and a little longer than expected.

4. A steep and slippery feeling of going downhill with a slippery sole for unsure footing. My foot sliding in the boot (forward and back) and the boot itself sliding in the grass on the hills at the Renn Faire.

Put all that together and you have a 350.00 pain in the Arse.

1. The Boots are Genuine.( the real deal non-costume)

2.The leather is VERY thick and VERY soft !

3. These WILL probably be the best part of your garb.

Now then., I have sold my boots at a once worn 175.00 loss.

However I just re-ordered !!! Because they ARE an Awesome Boot.

This time I too called on the phone and voiced my complaints however I told them I want to buy another pair but I cant keep doing that we have to get what I want. They were happy to help.

If you READ the web site They are FULLY customizable.

This was my mistake., I did not take into account all boots are a size "D" width unless otherwise specified.

I was in too much a hurry and excited over these boots to do things right..., You must be sure of what you are doing..., READ their web site., and get custom., or you will have regrets..., But..., If you do it right...., You get the very best.

NOW I specified. Everything according to more research on MY FOOT at local shops.

I ordered the Custom Big Bell Swashbuckler as before...,However

I ordered a 1/2 size smaller than before. Also I ordered a "E" width., I also made a change to the Bell for a straight cut no slant.,and no inverteted seam at the back ., rather a flat seam and on the inside of the leg. Also no steel re-inforcement of leather slippery sole., a FLAT Arch., "Roper 1" heel., "C" Toe(french) and a noprene sole softer and non slip.

A fully resolable boot when the time comes...,

Now then with all these changes we are at $350.00 + shipping..., which is a $50.00 increase., however thats cheap ($50.00) If its what I want.

time will tell ?.., They should arrive soon..., I will post an update on the comfort of these new boots.

I must say comfort is an individual thing.., In any boot you order online..., Do yourself a favor.., Go to a local boot shop and get both feet sized.., length and width then try on lots of boots.., and You will notice a differance in same size boots.

Just buy changing toe styles..., pointed boots generally run smaller in fit than a rounded toe therefore a rounded toe sometimes can call for a 1/2 size smaller boot.

HarborMaster

Light steps..., Walk Softly and carry a BIG sword

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Like Maria, I found mine at a thrift store. They're actually womens size 7 rainboots, but they're made out of something that looks and feels like distressed leather, and they're waterproof! And they were only $4!

The only problem is that they don't have buckets. Oh well, can't have everything I guess.

Like Maria, I found mine at a thrift store. They're actually womens size 7 rainboots, but they're made out of something that looks and feels like distressed leather, and they're waterproof! And they were only $4!

The only problem is that they don't have buckets. Oh well, can't have everything I guess.

Well gee in my twisted mind I have a picture of small buckets dangling around your boots ta catch the rainwater. How convient! :ph34r:

(ducking buckets of water being thrown at me)

Rumba Rue

**My job is to comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable** :ph34r:

Well, I've found at least a temporary solution for my lack of piratical footwear. While browsing through the local Payless store, I happened to find some boots with a nice looking toe and heel for $25. They fit really well, which in itself is a rather rare find, because most shoe that are wide enough for my toes are far too loose for my heels, and anything narrow enough for my heels is too tight for my toes. The shafts of the boots only reach to around 4 or 5 inches above my ankle, but if I can put together some passable boot-toppers then they should look like pirate boots. :) The best part is that without the toppers, I can wear the boots to work on a regular basis instead of only wearing them a couple of times a year. Now I just need to finish sewing everything else and I'll be good to go.

I've got the same problem...only I'm a wee bit bigger than you, a whole size 6! go me.

I just saw a nice set of soft thigh high black mocs made by "Sketchers" at a local Rack Room Shoes. Though I was committed to other footwear by my youngest deckhand, I checked out the boots. The sole is incredibly cushy! They we about $50.

"Show me a man with a tattoo, and I'll show you a man with an interesting past." ~Jack London

Life is a Circus, and I am the Human Cannonball.

• 1 month later...

O.K. Finally., The boots have arrived from Champion Attitude Boots out of Texas...,

1. Were they worth the wait ...,YES !!!

2. Was the fit better after doing research locally at boots stores..,YES

3. Was the choice for a Neoprene sole and heel smarter....,YES

4. Was the lower heel more comfortable ..,YES

5. The customized LARGER top any better..., You tell me?

6.Is the longer bell a better look or not? You tell me?

All in all ., for me this is the ultimate boot and well worth the wait., if anyone is interested in this set up the lowered sole and heel package is " 1" Roper Horma" and you will have to stress it and argue it., but in the end they will do it" and you WILL be waiting for these.

I am very glad I did

ChampBoot1.jpg

Boots

ChampBoot2.jpg

Boot heel and Neoprene soles.

ChampBoot3.jpg

A naked Pirate in his new Boots

ChampBoot4.jpg

Actually a FREEZING pirate in a Washington .,December.,in his underwear.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

• 2 months later...

Nice lookin' boots, mate... that's the one thing I'm missing from my outfit. Looks like I'm gonna take the plunge, but following your instructions. Wish me luck!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Yup, going with the Champion Attitudes... and I've opted for the 1" Roper heels... thanks, HarborMaster! Any other tips I should be aware of before ordering?

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

Yes.., re-read the whole post as far as going to get sized at a couple diferant stores (especially for width) Champion sends all boots out Narrow.., I measure D but it was too tight., the new boot an E fits much better but is a bit snug., check yer width! and go 1 lower!

Champion sends all boots out Narrow.., I measure D but it was too tight., the new boot an E fits much better but is a bit snug., check yer width! and go 1 lower!

Sorry, HarborMaster, but I'm a jack@$$... I re-read, and am slightly confused... go one width lower, or one boot size? Just wanna make sure, cuz I don't wanna make a $300 error... Thanks again, Mate!

Touche'

Pyrates of the Coast