Special Moments of PIP 09

Lily Alexander

In no particular order, here are some of my favorite moments of PIP 09.

No Quarter Given cruise on board the Wolf

Being on Constable Heartless's cannon crew

Killing Mary Diamond

Sword fighting with Scarlett Jai

First watch with Captain Sterling and asking David Foster's wife to see her pog

Pog burning

Once again, Singing in the Rain

Winning an auction item

Breakfast with Cousin Robbie

Ghost walk with Kip

Extended family dinner on the beach

Last few minutes of the last watch with William

Gifts at the gate

Not knowing who's hand I was holding for the pub photo

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Though not exactly PIP related.. I would have driven to Keywest just to see the fish feeding and see the shark frenzy at the fish factory!!

It counts. It was on the PIP trip. Next time, just let me know so I can see the feeding frenzy!!!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

See! That's what others have said! Maybe next time we need to set up a reseervation and everyonoe go have a good meal and see the frenzy!! It was only about 45 minutes from PIP I think, but it was a perfect meal and welcome to the keys??

Though not exactly PIP related.. I would have driven to Keywest just to see the fish feeding and see the shark frenzy at the fish factory!!

It counts. It was on the PIP trip. Next time, just let me know so I can see the feeding frenzy!!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

I posted most of mine elsewhere, but being picked up by the special bus with a load of special people from the airport was a great start.

Actually, chatting with Mary Diamond on Sunday night rates highly in my book. It wasn't anything that Surgeon's Journal readers would have found enthralling, but it was wonderful that we got a chance to talk.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

In no particular order, here are some of my favorite moments of PIP 09.

No Quarter Given cruise on board the Wolf

Being on Constable Heartless's cannon crew

Killing Mary Diamond

Sword fighting with Scarlett Jai

First watch with Captain Sterling and asking David Foster's wife to see her pog

Pog burning

Once again, Singing in the Rain

Winning an auction item

Breakfast with Cousin Robbie

Ghost walk with Kip

Extended family dinner on the beach

Last few minutes of the last watch with William

Next year we should go with temporary tattoos!!

And i don't want to know where folks will be putting them!!!!!!!

sig2.jpg

No rest for the wicked! Wait a minute... that's me?!

Seeing that the Hide was being used.

Singing Hamish to sleep.

HUGS! Lots of HUGS!

Becoming a cannoneer! Love working with the cannon & crew!

Working with the sword & combat (learning that I have to actually DO what Clint tells me to do!)

Getting to know Israel Cross on the trip south. You are an rare find!

Finding out that my new latchet shoes don't just look comfortable.

Having William Red Wake join us! Always a pleasure!

Hard to say as being with family/friends is always a special time no matter what the event.

But to jot down a few ...

Meeting new folks...

Having William Red Wake there...

Being in the camp during the storm...

Listening to Maddogge and O'Keeffe's tales from the Dinner Impossible shoot and eating the Turtle Stew, damn was that good...

My bitc..I mean... charming sister finally showing up.... B)

William's version of Moses coming down from the mountain to smite the Israelites when he went after Mission, the Mercury surgeon, during the auction....

actually being able to take a nap until our bloody surgeon woke me up and slammed a block of ice on my head to help with the migraine...

Being a human barometer all freakin weekend...

I believe it was Mr. Cross that said on the trip home..."New Tee-shirt...'I went to PiP and all I purchased was a person."

Maddogge's comment..."Well if it isn't Sterling and Tin...."

The Crewe dinner and always coming back to see the camp filled with friends and laughter...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The many double takes that greeted me as I clapped hands with friends I had not seen in years.

Eating good food, well prepared in good company.

That perfect fatigue that comes from a long day of honest work among fellow pirates.

Standing under the stars on the beach following my last gate watch of the event. It was about 4 in the morning, quiet as an empty church, and clear enough to lose whole constellations.

Sitting in the dark in the middle of the Mercury camp that same night listening to the quiet snores of two dozen of my fellow crewmates, too glad of the sound not to just sit and soak up the feeling of the sleeping camp.

The report of the French six pounders across the field.

Standing about with a half dozen burly men talking cheerfully about sewing of all things.

Sitting at table with the Mercury crew during the last dinner.

Talking to my children on the phone while surrounded by song and conversation at the Archangel's fire.

Storming the field of battle.

Thai food!

Strolling about the camps in a monsoon.

Sneaking candid shots of friends having a good time.

The auction. Any more explanation would make me out to be a monster.

Meeting new people I've known for years.

Rubbing elbows with Captains and countrymen and knowing that we'd all do it again in the future.

Also...William Brand's middle name is Tyndale, and I think Sterling and Tyn would make a great name for a book.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

ah, where to begin....

seeing old friends and metting new ones.

no longer being a cannon virgin...even powder monkeys need a start.

22 folks under the tent m- haul during the hieght of sat storm.

taking hamy into the ocean for the first time

seeing all the cool photos that everyone else took.

someday will recall have access to a camera and take photos as well

tempertures warmer the the current 15 ish degrees

anotehr round of passing lob around.

more good memories to add for another year of this hobby

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

For myself, it was the sheer joy of being back at PiP, seeing all who mean so much to me ~ and sweetened further by my dear hubby.

Favorite Moments ~

All our gear (plus 13 pair of shoes!) in the MiniCooper.

279c0e2a.jpg

Mark and I with our 3am-5am watch in the pouring rain ~ Pog or Death? (our take on Eddie Izzard's Cake or Death/Church of England bit).

Seeing William, not recognizing William (OOPS!) ~ and spending the rest of the trip exclaiming "WILLIAM!" each time I saw him, as if for the first time.

Meeting Oderlesseye! A wonderful person, and so patient with my public shyness ~

The Auction ~ much as Captain Jim promised, the event seems to materialize from nothing, due to the sheer goodwill PiP seems to inspire. New Pirates Captain Jack (Steven Sepulvida), Squeak and Pick Pocket Pete not only bought auction items, but also contributed items taken off their persons directly to the Auction! On a lark, Pete offered to auction a Kiss ~ well, that was simply amazing. B)

Meeting Shay of the Keys ~ a highly personable and talented Lady who I look forward to getting to know better.

Sword fighting with Finn and Nick ~ YAY! I loved every minute of it. Especially when Finn broke his rapier on mine ~ haha! I WIN! :D

Taking shelter in the MiniCooper with Mark and Mission during the Big Blow ~

Knotting up a new rope ladder for Maddogge in the aftermath of the storm, enjoying the simple pleasures.

Scarlett Jai, at the Forge ~ zealously at work on the bellows, then, suddenly, realizing she abbreviated Dutchie's fishing spear.

32a60b66.jpg

Bloodthirsty Barbara, Crudbeard, Viceroy, Gareth and Elizabeth at dinner ~ looking at me with amusement as the Goslings Black Seal burns down to my toes and back up ~ it burns... IT BURNS! Funny, Barbara seemed quite OK with it ~ drinking it like water. :D:D and Crudbeard's history/explanation of "no elbows on the table"

Chatting with Mooseworth and Mrs. Mooseworth (*sigh* I apologize, I am terrible with names!), resplendent in her newly acquired riding habit, hand-sewn by Chole.

and, not to be forgotten ~

Mission IMPOSSIBLE! :P Dah, Dah Dah Duh, Dah, Dah, Dah DUH ~ oh, dear, you are one of my favorite people, and the memories of yourself and our conversations are priceless.

f76a4115.jpg

I am sure there are more, but these are the ones that come to mind now ~

MDtrademarkFinal-1.jpg

Oooh, shiny!

Robyn's gonna hate you for posting that. B)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

It's Robyn. Notice that I look like a dork while she looks wonderful.

I am...Stupendous Mission! B)

StupendousMan_Small.jpg

(It's perfect. The dopey grin, the bean-like body and the complete lack of pupils. My mask is even crooked. :D )

Mission_banner5.JPG

My special moments are many and the list is growing as I am slowly returning to "the real world" and great memories are begining to resurface...

• Actually managing to arrive on site after burning out the wheel bearings on the trailer and nearly giving up the trip in Brunswick Georgia.
  • Getting over a protracted bout of newbie shyness, and finally mixing in with the Crew of the Archangel. Edward O' & Haunting Lil's hospitality helped tremendously.
  • The big hug from Fayma for actually managing to deliver her order despite every challenge that Fate had to offer me.
  • The time that Cascabel took to sit and welcome a PIP first-timer. You are one of a kind my brother!
  • Experiencing the pure joy that is watching Mr Cross in action.
  • Meeting the Famous Captain Sterling in person.
  • Meeting the Infamous Green Fairy that ocassionally attends the Famous Captain Sterling much as Tink does her Pan.
  • Kip's Haunted Fort Tour
  • surviving the amature Goth impromtu theatrics that bedeviled Kip's Haunted Fort Tour.
  • Calmly drinking Grog and playing dominoes while the Gale tore away bits of the "GarageMahal". Major Dan's "...is that all you've got?" came to mind, but even I dared not utter the words, for I knew that it was in fact NOT all there might have been.
  • Putting real faces to all of the names, and having those now become the names of friends.

Thanks to all of you who made me feel so welcomed, which is basically ALL of you.

"No Profit Grows Where is No Pleasure Taken."

Damnation...I need a new hat now! ;)

Always remember the captain is only as good as his crewe. They are the ones that make me look good...they are also the reason I need the Green Fairy...ahem... :lol:

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

The funnest moments for me was from Thursday to Sunday night ~

1) Walking the plank and watching every one else in that spoof, especially Madd Dogge

2) Having a free meal at Petes Something 'nother with Don Maitze sittin accross from me and Liberte Sparrow for

company. And seein my old friend Tiger Lee with Pearl thar too.

3) Hangin out at the Rum Barrel and entertaining the general public victims who had now whare else to go...

4) Friday was the day Eye was in full "Hollywood" Garb and I met the whole crew of Archangel and the Mercury.

Of note whom really made me welcomed were Edward O' Keefe ( Provided me with Powder) and Haunting Lilly. Capt. Sterling and Silkie and the most fun was telling a lil story to Mary Diamond. The Mercury side William Red Wake, Micheal Bagsley, Mission and Callenish.. I wish I could remember all ye others whom took time to speak to me but well I guess we can blame it on this eeerr bottle of something that showed up last Saturday night..Eye brought the empty home! Even so who can forget Madd Dogge!

IMG_3350.jpg

5) Taking a walk down Duvaul Street to interact with the public...One couple put a dollar in my

Tankerd and thanked me fer stoppin by! Eye was a Rock Star for a few hours and it brought back memories of Bourbon St.

6) Cannibal Chrispys auction was a riot... Mr. cross was a good sport and that other fellow he kissed being caught off guard

was priceless!

7) Being in the Anne Bonnie And Mary Read tyial as a judge..Cascabel made me laugh ! Anyone have video of that?

8) Drinkin with Patrick Hand...God Love him!

This event was worth the trip and expense Because of all of you! Thanxz

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

I had a wonderful time as well! It was good to see old a new friends in Key West this year. My favorite moments were:

The campsite fun, it was legendary with the Pyrates of the Coast, St Augustine crew, and Patrick "No Pants" Hand

Silkie the sweetheart and her cousin Finn was a likeable fellow also

The great dinner served by the Archangel Crew

The walk with Odorless Eye

Talking tech with Papa Tony Ratzzi

Shooting the breeze with Stynky, Mission, and William (btw William's friend's monmouth caps are the warmest, coolest hats around)

My tent holding up to the mini hurricane

Dogge the Ghosty Hunter and his wild adventures

And all my Pirate Brethren! See you soon!

Edited by Master Sully

"Remember, on a pirate ship, in pirate waters, in a pirate world, ask no questions. Believe only what you see. No, believe half of what you see."... Burt Lancaster

iiiiii.jpg

DUM SPIRO SPERO... WHILE I BREATH, I HOPE

Being on the crew for one of the big guns - I love burning that much of someone else's powder and not having to clean it afterward.

Seeing some wild dolphins off the west beach.

Stealing Mission's mug during the auction.

Mark

The six pound bronze cannon...omg....not sure I can get past that one....

*pause*

*sigh*

Alright...

Dinner with Mission and Red Jessi and Michael.

Cannon.

The auction....which men were fighting over my shirt. Wait....I mean the shirt that I am going to make.

Cannon.

Taking Hamish into the ocean with Salty...despite the wipeout we had. He was a trooper.

Cannon.

Spending time with the snotties.

Did I mention the big-arse cannon?

I am sure there are more that I will think of later....

Banner.jpg