PIP Photos Thread 2009

William Brand

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Cue the Music!) Anticipation, Anticipa-a-tion is makin' me wait; It's keepin' me wa-a-a-a-a-i-tin'

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

In defense of those wallowing in Pipmas, it's hard enough to get around here to post when things start getting interesting at PiP, let alone posting pics on the fly. Asking folks to sort, fix and upload pics during the event is asking for an awful lot. (Those of you who have been there know what I mean. Think about it - if you were there, would you want to spend your time doing that? Or would you rather be in the middle of the non-stop excitement that is PiP?)

So don't be surprised if you don't see pics popping up until next week. Unless someone goes above and beyond the call, you'll just have ta' be patient. (Besides, if you really, really wanted images of PiP, you'd and gone to the event and experienced them. Obstacles exist to test our creativity in overcoming them. B)B) )

Oh, and here's a pic from last year of Stynky, since he demanded it:

tryal_Stynky_stoned_Sunday.jpg

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

"‘e’s stunned."

"STUNNED?!?"

"Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin’ up! Norwegian Blues stun easily, major."

"Um…now look…now look, mate, I’ve definitely ‘ad enough of this!"

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Quite possibly. But for which comment?

Mission_banner5.JPG

Quite possibly. But for which comment?

About everything you've ever spat out onto this forum 'as been pure garbage... exceptin' this last bit. HAHARRR.

But seriously, your first comment sounded rather condescending and it made me feel sad for those who perhaps cannot afford to make the trip.

And I know you're a respected admin etc. so I am prepared for my banning..... perhaps we'll see you at the fort today and we can shake hands over a noggin of rum at the pub?

Nah, it's a fair point - my comment can be taken as condescending, although I didn't really mean it to be. (This is why I stuck smilies on it.)

Banned? I couldn't do that if I wanted to, but to be honest I actually prefer people who are up front about what the think if they mean it as more than posturing commentary or put-downs. I may not agree with you, but I respect your sincerity in saying it. B)

As for the drink, I don't get there until tomorrow. I had to change my plans (and my plane tickets - don't get me started about cancellation fees) because of another commitment and a desire to save some cash. Which is actually what was behind my comment. I had gotten myself trapped in the idea that if I wasn't there for a week, it wasn't worth it. A little creative thinking made me realize my error.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Huh. Musta' been some other guy I was drinking mead with while he told me all sorts of outrageous lies.

Wait...didn't bring it when? Or where? In which time-line?

Mission_banner5.JPG

You're happy? I thought you'd be jealous because you didn't say it first.

:blink:

Mission_banner5.JPG

In defense of those wallowing in Pipmas, it's hard enough to get around here to post when things start getting interesting at PiP, let alone posting pics on the fly. Asking folks to sort, fix and upload pics during the event is asking for an awful lot. (Those of you who have been there know what I mean. Think about it - if you were there, would you want to spend your time doing that? Or would you rather be in the middle of the non-stop excitement that is PiP?)

So don't be surprised if you don't see pics popping up until next week. Unless someone goes above and beyond the call, you'll just have ta' be patient. (Besides, if you really, really wanted images of PiP, you'd and gone to the event and experienced them. Obstacles exist to test our creativity in overcoming them. :D;) )

Oh, and here's a pic from last year of Stynky, since he demanded it:

tryal_Stynky_stoned_Sunday.jpg

In defense of Missions statement, everything he said is perfectly true; he is not a dyck. At least not this time. Some of us are not there because of choices that we made, obstacles that we found could not be bested. This is not a failure to overcome, simply a fact. Nor do I feel slighted by anything he said. Still, I can annoy those who went with my requests and hope for the best.

And so, since it is next week, thanks Brig. So, everyone else,where are these pictures? Hmmm?

There is always next year, so it's time to start working. And I can state that I probably won't post while I'm there, either.

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...